By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Damn! 5 years already.  Time is flying.

edit: inserting something spooky

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:
zero129 said:

Ok im not drunk now. Or at least not yet. So instead of giving me that reply can you explain it better now?.

Like i said i do not see any good reason for some of what Ms is doing lately. If you can please explain it to me.

Thing is, I explained multiple times and in great detail my thoughts on the matter, other users also agreed with me and yet you single out my post and accuse me of "making excuses" for Microsoft instead of me actually believing what I'm writing, it annoyed me and I'm sick to death of you using the "I was drunk" excuse every single time.

I'll explain it one more time and then I'm done with this conversation.

• I don't think the current implementation is good, at all. I don't believe they've given third party manufacturers enough time. I don't believe they've "officially approved" enough 3rd party manufacturers. It's too soon, too quickly and not enough communication was given or easier procedures implemented to quickly get "officially approved"
  • I do believe the move would be a good one if implemented sensibly, if they announce a ban way ahead of time (a year), if they make the process to be "officially approved" a very low or not at all cost, a quick/easy one and if they mass approve a ton of controllers/fight sticks before the ban (aim for 80%+ of the market). I believe if it was done smartly then the pros would outweigh the cons of hopefully dealing with the RAMPANT cheating in shooters such as Call of Duty.

This announcement had two sides opposing, the fighting community were upset but the COD community were overjoyed because they are excited about the possibility of something FINALLY being done about the huge cheating problem in Call of Duty. But I'm the one called out for listening to both sides of the argument, Lol. This ain't like the Brazil decision at all which is shit all round, there are actual arguments to be made as to why this move, if smartly planned out, would be a good one, it was not smartly planned out though, as I said even before this post.

Ok i admit i didnt read all your posts other than that last one i replied to. So honestly it felt like from that last post you where trying to make up an excuse for why this is good. And honestly your reply back to me felt very smart. You know ive always loved you as a mod. I've always went out on the line for the xbox community even got bans for it. But yeah i see now what your saying. But this still imo is a bad bad choice. Like you said Ms should of gave a warning or something. So we can both agree Ms is Shitty with this movie yeah??.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

It wasn't just music legacy guys at Bungie. They're clearing house of all veterans at the company.

It's an utterly baffling decision to clean house of all veterans in the wake of an acquisition. Why would Sony acquire Bungie just to layoff all of the devs who made Bungie what it is today? Bungie without the veteran devs isn't even worth half of what Sony paid for them, the quality of their games will noticeably tank without the veterans there to guide the more recent recruits, and then the sales will plummet when the quality of their games plummets. I really can't understand why Sony would do this, or rather why they would allow the dynamic duo of Bungie's continued downfall, Jason Jones and Pete Parsons, to layoff all the veterans devs, instead of themselves laying off Jason and Pete and putting somebody decent in charge of the studio in their stead.

It's looking like Sony spent $3.6b on the hollow shell of a once legendary studio and their IP's.

This is gas as its pretty much what Sony and Nintendo fans used to say about Rare.

zero129 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Thing is, I explained multiple times and in great detail my thoughts on the matter, other users also agreed with me and yet you single out my post and accuse me of "making excuses" for Microsoft instead of me actually believing what I'm writing, it annoyed me and I'm sick to death of you using the "I was drunk" excuse every single time.

I'll explain it one more time and then I'm done with this conversation.

• I don't think the current implementation is good, at all. I don't believe they've given third party manufacturers enough time. I don't believe they've "officially approved" enough 3rd party manufacturers. It's too soon, too quickly and not enough communication was given or easier procedures implemented to quickly get "officially approved"
  • I do believe the move would be a good one if implemented sensibly, if they announce a ban way ahead of time (a year), if they make the process to be "officially approved" a very low or not at all cost, a quick/easy one and if they mass approve a ton of controllers/fight sticks before the ban (aim for 80%+ of the market). I believe if it was done smartly then the pros would outweigh the cons of hopefully dealing with the RAMPANT cheating in shooters such as Call of Duty.

This announcement had two sides opposing, the fighting community were upset but the COD community were overjoyed because they are excited about the possibility of something FINALLY being done about the huge cheating problem in Call of Duty. But I'm the one called out for listening to both sides of the argument, Lol. This ain't like the Brazil decision at all which is shit all round, there are actual arguments to be made as to why this move, if smartly planned out, would be a good one, it was not smartly planned out though, as I said even before this post.

Ok i admit i didnt read all your posts other than that last one i replied to. So honestly it felt like from that last post you where trying to make up an excuse for why this is good. And honestly your reply back to me felt very smart. You know ive always loved you as a mod. I've always went out on the line for the xbox community even got bans for it. But yeah i see now what your saying. But this still imo is a bad bad choice. Like you said Ms should of gave a warning or something. So we can both agree Ms is Shitty with this movie yeah??.

It was a mix of me being a bit of a smart ass and also genuine annoyance, Lol. I feel like if you read my other posts but more importantly, if you weren't drunk, and I may be wrong, that we likely wouldn't be here and communication would be better, that's why I said in response to your post, don't reply to me when you're drunk, Lol, I think a sober Zero would have understood my position better. I was bothered by your comment that I was simply making excuses for Microsoft because it came across to me like I was a fanboy who can't admit when Microsoft does something wrong.

I feel like a lot of communication issues happen when you're drunk and quite often you get into trouble when you're drunk if you start debating with someone whilst drunk and I'm usually more patient with that, but it also comes from a good place of me actually not wanting you to get into these situations, communication issues, which happens quite a bit when you're drunk, Lol. There are no hard feelings on my part, only fleeting annoyance, I don't hold grudges over dumb shit, I consider us good. But yeah, I already said that the move is shit in its current form.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 October 2023

Halo: Saturn Devouring His Son is available here on Halo Waypoint, as a free PDF, and in audiobook format on YouTube.

HISTORIAN’S NOTE

Saturn Devouring His Son takes place in the year 2556, a year following the events of Operation: FAR STORM in Halo: Hunters in the Dark which saw the UNSC Home Fleet suffer significant casualties from 000 Tragic Solitude’s assault on Earth.

Halo: Saturn Devouring His Son | Audiobook - YouTube

That’s when he saw them.

Myths. Legends.

Spartans. 

Then the first Spartan fell.

Overrun by the parasite, one of the UNSC’s living weapons suddenly found itself undergoing a new augmentation—twisted into a champion of dormant darkness. The Spartan’s Mjolnir armor attempted to enact its countermeasures, pressurizing the hydrostatic gel layer to render itself immobile, and then detonating microexplosives within the helmet which shattered the Spartan’s visor as it immolated the head within . . . and it still wasn’t enough.

Julien wanted to run. To cry. To hide. But he couldn’t move. Couldn’t tear himself away from the sight of a Spartan turning on its own kind.

Couldn’t stop watching in horror as it tore apart those it had once protected.

Tearing. Scratching. Kicking. Burrowing. Breaking. Slicing.
Chest cavity. Spine. Nest. Devour.
oh-god-get-it-off-me-get-it-off-me
Become. Become.
Become!

Arm. Weapon. Sharp. Cut. Hunger. Become. MORE.
make-it-stop-please-make-it-stop
Memories. Training. Hunger.
Weapon. Fire. Kneecap. Fall. Devour.
help-me-so-sorry-please-tearing-me-apart
Others. Fleeing. Leaving.
Horizon. Fire. Death.
A ship. Condor.
Approach. Swarm. Hunger.
won't-let-you-won't-let-you-WON'T-LET-YOU
Charging. Sprinting. Slicing. Food. Leave behind. CONDOR.
WONT-
Aboard.
LET-
Devour. Depart.
YOU-
Become.

It'd be so chilling to see a Spartan begging for their life in the videogames.

zero129 said:
shikamaru317 said:

It's an utterly baffling decision to clean house of all veterans in the wake of an acquisition. Why would Sony acquire Bungie just to layoff all of the devs who made Bungie what it is today? Bungie without the veteran devs isn't even worth half of what Sony paid for them, the quality of their games will noticeably tank without the veterans there to guide the more recent recruits, and then the sales will plummet when the quality of their games plummets. I really can't understand why Sony would do this, or rather why they would allow the dynamic duo of Bungie's continued downfall, Jason Jones and Pete Parsons, to layoff all the veterans devs, instead of themselves laying off Jason and Pete and putting somebody decent in charge of the studio in their stead.

It's looking like Sony spent $3.6b on the hollow shell of a once legendary studio and their IP's.

This is gas as its pretty much what Sony and Nintendo fans used to say about Rare.

The Rare that existed before the acquisition never really was a thing for very long after Xbox acquired them, they are right about that much. Many of the veteran devs left, the tone of their games changed as the leadership decided to chase Kinect and then later GaaS. Rare managed to find success, but only after reinventing themselves.