By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Josh publicly wishing to make Pillars 3 with a proper budget should be all the assurance Matt and Phil need to give him the go ahead.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
konnichiwa said:

I had two matches crash today in Halo infinite and the first time I tried to open the game again and it crashed my series X..

Seriously??? Man, I thought 343 had fixed any crashes. I had read there was improved performance with this patch, but I hadn't heard of crashes yet. 

Yesterday was smooth tho,  https://www.reddit.com/r/haloinfinite/comments/17aksfi/xbox_series_x_season_5_issues/

Waiting for Ice.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 October 2023

That would explain why the season timer is like 27 days lol

Around the Network

Schorr is a fucking GOAT.

WARNING: FSC SIGNATURE DETECTED
ALERT
ENERGY SHIELDS DEPLETED; ARMOR BREACH CONFIRMED
SPARTAN COMPROMISED
. . .
FSC INFECTION CONFIRMED
COUNTERMEASURES INITIATED . . .
HYDROSTATIC GEL LAYER PRESSURIZED . . . SUCCESS
GALLOWS DATALINK SEVERENCE . . . SUCCESS
BEGIN REACTOR DETONATION . . . FAILURE
CODE INJECTION DETECTED
COUNTERMEASURES CANCELED
BECOME
ARMOR BREACH SEALED
ENERGY SHIELDS RECHARGED
BECOME
ARMOR SYSTEMS REPAIRED
UNITY.
SWEETNESS.

I'm really enjoying Like a Dragon Ishin remake so far. It basically has the same setting and a similar storyline to my favorite anime, Samurai Champloo, both being set near the end of the Tokogawa Shogunate in the 1850's and 1860's respectively. On top of that, 3 of Kiryu's/Sakamoto's 4 combat styles are similar to how Jin (armed and unarmed) and Mugen respectively fight in Samurai Champloo. Combat is great, the minigames are nice so far, the story is great so far.

On the downside however, I will say that I have encountered graphical bugs in the game, which has now been out for 8 months, which seems to suggest that RGG Studio doesn't plan to fix them. They seem to have had some major teething issues with their switch to Unreal Engine from their own proprietary Dragon Engine, because the graphics are not only lackluster compared to their Dragon Engine games, but then they have these graphical bugs as well, such as slow to load textures, weird orange light bugs, and shimmering texture work on some buildings. Wish they would go back to Dragon Engine honestly, sucks they dropped it in favor of Unreal Engine like so many other studios who used proprietary engines have done.

This is actually terrifying from a lore perspective.

The Spartan's failsafes simply failing one by one, this Flood is Logic Plaguing a Spartan's suit countermeasures. This is a terrifying prospect if there isn't a Gravemind nearby, if a Flood can shut down countermeasures without a Gravemind to direct it. If a Flood can logic plague without a Gravemind...That a Flood can logic plague a Spartan's armour at all.

"Gallows: Made for special forward observation teams operating in quarantine zones, failsafe charges in the Gallows VISR will destroy the helmet (and everything in it) in case of compromise." - Basically, the helmet is meant to explode the Spartan's head off.

Imagine being a Spartan too, a Flood breaking your shields, then forcing itself into your armour, your countermeasures activate which it seems like, they forcibly restrain the Spartan by activating a pressured gel layer, the Spartan can't move. They would realise everything which is happening, especially since they have the most knowledge on the Flood and their heightened physical abilities likely make infection slower, not only that, Spartan's process information faster than humans, their reflexes and senses are so enhanced that their minds absorb and process sensory information quicker than regular humans, which means they experience a sort of "slow-mo" effect.

To the actual world, the time remains the same, but to the Spartan, it may feel like minutes, being completely helpless, unable to move, realising a Flood is infecting their body and either a bomb is going to go off in their head or the Flood will take control of their body, knowing more about how the Flood does its shit than most other people but having to sit there and let it happen, all you can do is sit in complete fear.

Fucking. Love. The. Flood.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 October 2023