By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Yeah, I've found the original leak and Platinum is indeed listed as Indiana Jones.

2024-01-01Platinum (Indiana Jones)Machine GamesBethesda Softworks

Relic is listed as releasing before Platinum.

2022-12-06RelicMachine GamesBethesda Softworks

In the FTC leak.

Indiana Jones is listed as releasing before Platinum.

But GeForce Now says Platinum is Indiana Jones.

So assuming Relic is the codename for Indiana Jones, Relic is apparently releasing before Platinum, it matches with the GeForce Leak.

Therefore it's possible that Relic and Platinum are both Indiana Jones titles...

Source BTW: GitHub

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Indy wasn't listed in the GeForce Now leak, only "Relic" and "Platinum" and Relic had a date of 2022.

Everyone for some reason when I look back at it is assuming Platinum was Indiana Jones...(?)

Could be wrong and Relic is Indiana Jones and Platinum is Wolfenstein, I'm just curious why people thought Platinum was Indiana Jones, if someone leaked that or something.

Everybody I know assumed Relic was Indy when the GeForce Now leak happened, because it just makes sense, Indy's whole thing is searching for archaeological relics. It also just makes more sense from a release date standpoint, Relic was releasing a year earlier in the GeForce Now leak, which matches with these court docs showing Indy releasing one year before Project Platinum. 

Still makes sense Tbh...If both are indeed Indiana Jones.

Which it looks like they might be.

Sequel? Unlikely...Standalone Spinoff? Possible.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 September 2023

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Everybody I know assumed Relic was Indy when the GeForce Now leak happened, because it just makes sense, Indy's whole thing is searching for archaeological relics. It also just makes more sense from a release date standpoint, Relic was releasing a year earlier in the GeForce Now leak, which matches with these court docs showing Indy releasing one year before Project Platinum. 

Still makes sense Tbh...If both are indeed Indiana Jones.

Which it looks like they might be.

Sequel? Unlikely...Standalone Spinoff? Possible.

Standalone spinoff/expansion makes more sense than sequel, the expected sales for Platinum are about 60% of the expected sales for Indy. Wouldn't be the first time that MachineGames released a standalone spinoff/expansion, they did it once before, Wolfenstein The Old Blood as a standalone spinoff/expansion for Wolfenstein The New Order, releasing 1 year later. 

$230m revenue in the first year expected for Indy, compared to $125m in the first year expected for Project Platinum. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 24 September 2023

But if Platinum is a standalone spinoff/expansion for Indy, then it looks like Wolfenstein 3 truly is dead. What a shame. I guess Youngblood flopping killed whatever plans they had for Wolfenstein 3, maybe the twin daughters were going to be playable in 3 instead of or more often than BJ and after most people hated the daughters in Youngblood they decided to cancel it? 

We're never going to get Wolfenstein III...

Never going to kill Hitler

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

We're never going to get Wolfenstein III...

Never going to kill Hitler

Yeah, it is indeed a real shame. Though after seeing the sales for the series leak among those court docs, I guess I can understand why they went with Indiana Jones instead when the opportunity came along, much higher chance of a big profit. It looks like Machine's Wolfenstein series sold just 9m copies across 5 games as of 2020, those 5 games being Wolfenstein: The New Order, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, Wolfenstein Youngblood, and Wolfenstein Cyberpilot. Not exactly great sales for a AAA series, even a lower budget AAA series due to Machine's small studio size of only about 100-120 devs when most of them were made.

shikamaru317 said:

But if Platinum is a standalone spinoff/expansion for Indy, then it looks like Wolfenstein 3 truly is dead. What a shame. I guess Youngblood flopping killed whatever plans they had for Wolfenstein 3, maybe the twin daughters were going to be playable in 3 instead of or more often than BJ and after most people hated the daughters in Youngblood they decided to cancel it? 

I mean, the daughters weren’t that bad, I hated more the direction they took the series with incorporating RPG elements and microtransactions. 

gtotheunit91 said:
shikamaru317 said:

I mean, the daughters weren’t that bad, I hated more the direction they took the series with incorporating RPG elements and microtransactions. 

I didn't mind them much either, they were a bit cringey at times, but were mostly likeable. With some maturing from a likely time skip of a few years between Youngblood and 3, their immaturity should be gone and they should be much more likeable, I wouldn't have minded playing as them again in Wolfenstein 3 personally, at least in a few levels, with BJ playable in most levels. But it seemed like the majority absolutely hated the twins, I saw so many hate comments about them on videos and such and even many of the critics said they didn't like them. 

shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I didn't mind them much either, they were a bit cringey at times, but were mostly likeable. With some maturing from a likely time skip of a few years between Youngblood and 3, their immaturity should be gone and they should be much more likeable, I wouldn't have minded playing as them again in Wolfenstein 3 personally, at least in a few levels, with BJ playable in most levels. But it seemed like the majority absolutely hated the twins, I saw so many hate comments about them on videos and such and even many of the critics said they didn't like them. 

Damn! I didn’t know it was that bad. I was over here asking questions like, why are there numbers popping off enemies? Why are the enemies acting bullet spongy now? When did gold go from being a collectible to premium currency?

Definitely cringy at times, but like you said, they could have continue to matured and been very memorable characters in their next game. Oh well. 

OneDrive still works for me like I said but it does take fucking forever to upload now.