By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

A big part of the problem, aside from the Xbox App/Windows Store being useless for so long, is that there's only Game Pass games on the storefront. You're not going to be finding your Apex Legends, Elden Ring, GTAV, Rust, Rainbow Six Siege, CP2077, FIFA, etc. on the Windows Store. If a game isn't on PC Game Pass, then you're not going to find it on the Windows Store. ABK will definitely help quite a bit in that regard though. 

One of the few exceptions ironically was Forspoken

Honestly, I fully believe that even if Windows Store was brilliant and had all the games, that most Steam users would still ignore it, Lol.

I think Game Pass PC needs Steam...Tbh. But maybe I'm wrong and overestimating Steam's dominance.

No, you're completely right on Steam's dominance. With a storefront launcher being a free download on PC rather than having to buy all new hardware, you need to do something that makes your storefront stick out and give users a reason to switch. The past year and a half, Valve has completely overhauled Steam that everyone has been loving. Whereas Epic Games on the other hand has been investing in timed exclusivity, still after nearly 5 years, and has done practically nothing to improve their storefront. A timed exclusive will get a user to make a temporary switch, but features and other niches will make them stay. 

GOG carved out a slice of the PC market with their DRM-free requirements and remarkable catalog of older games that you can't find anywhere, including Steam, outside of emulating.

Around the Network

Microsoft has all but put a bullet in xCloud, Lol.

Remains to be seen if it's temporary though and they'll just ramp back up after the regulator nonsense is done with.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 September 2023

Edit - Damnit, these are estimates.

Around the Network

Honestly if not for Redfall then 2023 would have been a very strong year, well, I should say, if Redfall delivered.

We had Hi-Fi Rush which is amazing and GOTY worthy, shadow-drops for great titles like Goldeneye HD, Ages of Empires II on Xbox, Age of Empires IV on Xbox and Quake II. Starfield is amazing and my current GOTY. Their showcase was brilliant, they had a strong presence at Gamescom. They've reversed the ABK merger prospects and more likely than ever to close and will close the year with Forza Motorsport.

2024 though is looking even better if everything pans out.

• Avowed
  • Hellblade II
  • Towerborne
  • Flight Sim 2024
  • Oblivion Remaster (Maybe)
  • Indiana Jones (Maybe)

I'm absolutely loving Starfield but 2024 looks killer and that's without getting into the events, Microsoft did say they had more stuff for 2024 which is unannounced.

Be better than 2021 and 2023 Imo on a purely game basis.

Ryuu96 said:

Surprised that Gears player count is up there with Destiny.

Ryuu96 said:
jason1637 said:

I wonder if Oblivion or Fallout 3 remastered will hit 2024.

Oblivion is listed on the sheet as being 2 years before Fallout 3 so Fallout 3 is not anytime soon.

If we assume the list has a roughly 2 year delay to it then Oblivion could potentially be 2024.

Yeah, but I figure that's not how development works. Because one game is developed doesn't mean every game under development will see the same pushbacks. Unless it's the same team working on the games.

• Q1 - Towerborne (February).
  • Q2 - Hellblade II (May).
  • Q3 - Flight Simulator 2024 (July) & Avowed (September).
  • Q4 - Indiana Jones (November) & Oblivion Remaster (December).

There...Perfect.

jason1637 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Oblivion is listed on the sheet as being 2 years before Fallout 3 so Fallout 3 is not anytime soon.

If we assume the list has a roughly 2 year delay to it then Oblivion could potentially be 2024.

Yeah, but I figure that's not how development works. Because one game is developed doesn't mean every game under development will see the same pushbacks. Unless it's the same team working on the games.

True but I think the impact here was COVID which seems to have impacted Bethesda fairly evenly across the board.

But you could be right, I wonder who is even making Fallout 3 remaster.