By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the-pi-guy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Feels ambitious, ABK will "only" get them $23bn-$24bn.

Suppose when XGS and Zenimax are firing on all cylinders we could add another few billion but ABK is $8bn and they're the biggest publisher on the planet so that's the ceiling for XGS and Zenimax, Lol. Lets say they added another few billion though to $26bn - $27bn.

Idk man...Gaming is currently about $16bn IIRC and ABK brings it to $23bn-$24bn but they'd have to add $12bn-$13bn in 7 years.

I just can't see that happening...

They're expecting hardware to almost double and subscriptions to double.  

That year would be 3rd year probably for a successor, so probably would be basically peak hardware sales. 

Subscriptions seem ambitious. 

They also had gaming at 18billion in the chart for 2022.  

18 billion + biggest hardware year (perhaps with Series X/S continuing to sell at a discount) + Activision + continued gamepass growth... Maybe.

But it kind of feels like subscriptions everywhere in the games and movies spaces have stagnated. So that feels mighty ambitious.  

It's FY2022 instead of 2022 so that would be July 2021 - June 2022, if I have my FY's correct?

I don't know when these charts were made but they better have included ABK, Lol.

ABK pulls around $8bn revenue a year so that's the baseline of what to add onto Xbox's yearly revenue which is around $16bn a year now.

I think they should chill a little on the $36bn goal, Lol.

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Project Platinum is MachineGames (I saw people say this, haven't confirmed it myself).

Did the rumours of Tango working on a JRPG come from a reliable source? I have a hard time believing they're working on Ghostwire Tokyo 2 Tbh...But I would expect multiple teams from Tango so maybe it's possible.

Dishonoured 3 would be led by Arkane Lyon, right? Who just finished up Deathloop?

I'm excited for Doom Year Zero, the title scream origin story but at the same time I'm a little "disappointed" that it's Doom again instead of a Quake reboot. I still love Doom though and it's an amazing franchise but I would have liked to see Quake revived properly as Doom already got that love.

Project Kestrel...2025...Seems about right...Maybe a reveal at E3 2024.

2024 will be interesting. If we get an Oblivion remaster and Indiana Jones in the same year, damn. Oblivion remaster should be moved away from Avowed which I expect will be Holiday 2024 so Oblivion ideally in Early 2024 but then we have Starfield's expansion, Lmao. Then we don't know where Hellblade, Towerborne and Flight Sim 2024 will land.

Did the Oblivion remaster leak (the original one) claim it was releasing in 2024?

The revenue expectations for Platinum seem a bit low for Wolfenstein 3, though I suppose it could be a new IP from Machine. However, considering Machine is only 157 people on LinkedIn, I just don't see how they have the staff to release two games back to back one year apart like these financials show is the plan, unless Machine is one of those studios like The Coalition that is greatly underrepresented on LinkedIn. The only other possibility I can think of for Platinum would be that it's the Roundhouse first game, but then Roundhouse seems quite small, and is reportedly working with Arkane Austin to fix Redfall and finish it's DLC characters, so they may not have the staff to be working on Platinum either. Platinum seems like a real headscratcher, unless it is Wolfenstein 3 and alot of the work on it was already finished from 2017-2019 (when they got the Indiana Jones license and postpoined Wolfenstein 3), giving them a foundation to quickly build off of and get Wolfenstein 3 out just 1 year after Indiana.

The Tango JRPG leak came from a source that got some things right in the past, such as Kojima's Overdose game and the Baiten Kaitos remaster, so I suppose Tango could be split in two again just like they were when making HiFi and Ghostwire 1 simultaneously, except this time Ghostwire 2 and a smaller JRPG.

Probably Arkane Lyon leading in order to make that release schedule as there is too small of a gap between Redfall and Dishonored 3 on that schedule for Austin to lead, though Austin could have joined them after Redfall released to make it a collaborative effort.

I think they'll get around to the Quake reboot eventually, probably next after Doom Year Zero.

2024 is indeed looking to be a wild year if nothing is delayed. 2024 for Xbox/Bethesda is looking like Starfield DLC, ESO expansion, Oblivion Remaster, Indiana Jones, Flight Sim 2024, Towerborne, Avowed, Forza Horizon 6, Hellblade, and Ara. 

The original leaker, who was said to be a disgruntled former employee at the studio that Bethesda is collaborating with to remaster Oblivion, said that when he left the studio they were aiming for late 2024 or early 2025, with the decision on date being partially based on if they decided to stick with the current plan of making the game more of a remaster, or deciding to make it more of a remake with more improvements. So if it stayed a remaster, late 2024, if it was expanded into a remake, early-mid 2025 I guess.

It could be them being more cautious after the bomb of the last two Wolfenstein spinoffs and Tbh Wolfenstein wasn't a huge seller to begin with.

That leak is still weird, how recent could it have been? There's no chance Bethesda doesn't know whether it's a remake or remaster at this point in time and I really don't see how moving from a remaster to a remake only adds 6 months of development time...Remake would surely take a lot longer than a basic remaster.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Omfg. Lmfao.

The CEO of a gaming company is actually gaming?! The horror!!! 

ARM makes a lot of sense for Xbox's future and current plans.

Really feels like the only reason not to would be backwards compatibility which can be resolved by emulation.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 September 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Honestly 3.3m average monthly for Halo for 2015-2019 isn't bad at all, Halo 5 and Halo MCC relaunch both did pretty well all things considered.

Around the Network

Why was Microsoft expecting 10m Game Pass subs for PC at that period in time.

Listen you want those numbers you either had to have massively improved Windows Store or released Game Pass on Steam.

I don't know why it's a difficult concept for Microsoft to accept that a lot of people don't want to use Windows Store, sure the PC App has improved a lot lately but it may be too little, too late and PC Gamers are entrenched in Steam so I don't think they could ever expect huge PC numbers unless they get a Game Pass model on Steam.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 September 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Listen you want those numbers you either had to have massively improved Windows Store or released Game Pass on Steam.

I don't know why it's a difficult concept for Microsoft to accept that a lot of people don't want to use Windows Store, sure the PC App has improved a lot lately but it may be too little, too late and PC Gamers are entrenched in Steam so I don't think they could ever expect huge PC numbers unless they get a Game Pass model on Steam.

A big part of the problem, aside from the Xbox App/Windows Store being useless for so long, is that there's only Game Pass games on the storefront. You're not going to be finding your Apex Legends, Elden Ring, GTAV, Rust, Resident Evil, Rainbow Six Siege, CP2077, FIFA, etc. on the Windows Store. If a game isn't on PC Game Pass, then you're not going to find it on the Windows Store. ABK will definitely help quite a bit in that regard though. 

One of the few exceptions ironically was Forspoken

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

A big part of the problem, aside from the Xbox App/Windows Store being useless for so long, is that there's only Game Pass games on the storefront. You're not going to be finding your Apex Legends, Elden Ring, GTAV, Rust, Rainbow Six Siege, CP2077, FIFA, etc. on the Windows Store. If a game isn't on PC Game Pass, then you're not going to find it on the Windows Store. ABK will definitely help quite a bit in that regard though. 

One of the few exceptions ironically was Forspoken

Honestly, I fully believe that even if Windows Store was brilliant and had all the games, that most Steam users would still ignore it, Lol.

I think Game Pass PC needs Steam...Tbh. But maybe I'm wrong and overestimating Steam's dominance.

Yeah, the sooner they work out a deal with Valve to bring Gamepass to Steam, the better, PC Gamepass will probably gain at least 5m new subs in the first year as soon as they do that.