By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Around the Network

Adam Savage's STARFIELD Spaceship: Painting and Weathering! - YouTube

Lol, i remember hearing about the Mantis from the kid on my ship., Where do I find the quest?

jason1637 said:

Lol, i remember hearing about the Mantis from the kid on my ship., Where do I find the quest?

Just kill Spacers that you come across. You'll eventually find a slate on one of their bodies simply called Secret Outpost. Once you claim it, the Mantis quest will be in your missions tab!

In can be easy to miss though as it's not color coated to indicate rarity. So keep a close eye when looting dead Spacers. 

Around the Network

gtotheunit91 said:

Most likely being undertracked, but Starfield looks to have surpassed altogether over 2 million players prior to the official launch. 

How accurate are they?

Ryuu96 said:
Spade said:

So annoyed I couldn't take a week off because of shitty insurance "busy time." Had to waste my week in August on Xenoblade RIP. 

Bet the insurance folk are playing Starfield.

jason1637 said:

Yeah but I have nothing on my ship stolen or contraband and the scanner is picking it up. I don’t want to ruin the proper intro to neon by starting in jail. Possibly a bug? I went to everyone on my ship and the cargo to make sure there weren’t any stolen or contraband.

jason1637 said:

I stole the ship early in the game and have only had this issue recently.

So is the scanner saying that you have contraband?

Do you only get contraband warnings at Neon or New Atlantis and Akila as well? Have you checked the cargo hold, captain's locker, have you looked at the physical contents of your ship, into all your inventory? Maybe there's a hidden contraband item physically on your ship. Isn't there an option to just pay a fine and hand over the item?

There is a perk which lets you hide contraband but it's pretty useless to get if you aren't planning on being a thief.

I think this might eb a bug because I saw some folks on twitter and Reddit experiencing the same issues. Gonna look around when i play again later today.

jason1637 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Most likely being undertracked, but Starfield looks to have surpassed altogether over 2 million players prior to the official launch. 

How accurate are they?

From what I've seen, they're supposed to be very accurate. Aside from official numbers from developers/publishers of course, but Playtracker consistently is up to around 95% accurate with their numbers as long as a title has sold more than 10,000 units. Which, Starfield most definitely has lol. 

But, Steam can hide certain stats, which is why I think it's most likely being undertracked.