By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah, Zenimax stopped giving early review code for their games like 7 years ago as I recall, don't think that policy ever changed under Xbox but maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: 2016 it seems 

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/10/25/bethesda-no-longer-sending-early-review-copies-to-the-media.aspx

Around the Network

• Squad Battle is now a staple playlist, meaning it will not be removed from matchmaking.

Around the Network

Feargus pushed for Avowed to have multiplayer, he kept on it for a long time, in the end he knows it was the wrong decision to keep pushing it, the reason he was pushing it is because when they were independent he thought they needed multiplayer for major publishers to pick it up. Refocused and made it into a traditional single-player Obsidian RPG.

Confirms Jez's reporting that Avowed originally had multiplayer but was removed.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 August 2023

I wonder how much time was spent working on the game before changing directions. Sounds like it was in development for like 3-4 years before switching everything up since Obsidian showed Avowed to MS as part of the acquisition phase.

They talk a little more about how they don't want to become a huge studio, they're cautious about growth, they don't want to lose their identity.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 August 2023

Carrie Patel says she'd love to do a spy RPG or survival horror in the end credits where they asked random questions, Lol.