By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Takashi Kiryu’s journey within Square Enix has been one of progression and dedication. He joined the company in 2020 as the General Manager of the Corporate Planning Division. He has since held various positions, including Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Officer of Corporate Strategy and Corporate Communications.

His appointment as CEO in 2023 reflects the trust and belief that Square Enix has placed in his abilities to lead the company forward.

Who is Takashi Kiryu, Square Enix's New CEO Who Grew Up Playing Final Fantasy - Opoyi

Could this be a case of Square Enix's new CEO being more receptive to Xbox than the older one? Feels that way with the sudden U-turn and his recent appointment, if so then I'll be willing to give him a chance and see what happens moving forward. I honestly didn't even know that Square Enix got a new CEO in 2023...Seems like he may be good for Xbox fans!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 July 2023

Around the Network

I don't usually play MMOs but will have to make an exception.

I can only think of FFVII Remake and FF16 lol

Not even TGS yet!

Xbox Japanese support is great this generation, Imo, Square Enix being the major holdout which was making things look a lot worse than it actually was but they've done good in getting a bunch of niche titles, day one Game Pass titles, or first ever on Xbox lately and now it appears that the Square Enix relationship is repaired.

And of course, they finally have a Japanese studio, Lol.

Around the Network

I wonder if we will see Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey remasters and/or sequels in the near future.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

gtotheunit91 said:

I can only think of FFVII Remake and FF16 lol

Are the Pixel Remasters already on Xbox?

coolbeans said:

Are the Pixel Remasters already on Xbox?

Oh right yeah that's most likely it