By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jason1637 said:
Shaunodon said:

I assume they still ship new consoles with a free month or two of Game Pass Ultimate. I never used my previous one but I will need one for Starfield's early access, otherwise I'll have to use Game Pass Console for a month.

Starfield early access is part of Ultimate? I thought you needed the special edition to play 5 days earlier.

The Premium Upgrade Edition is separate from the base game. Even though you can buy the upgrade on September 1st the actual game isn't included.

Around the Network

CMA: We'll try to provide evidence by 5pm tomorrow.

Edit - Judge moved it to Thursday.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 July 2023

More digs at Starfield from the media lol. At least Eurogamer doesn't give out scores.

Ryuu96 said:

CMA: We'll try to provide evidence by 5pm tomorrow.

Edit - Judge moved it to Thursday.

You can REALLY tell that the CMA are willing to do pretty much whatever to get this over and done with lmao. Judge is like, now now come on, the working day is already over, relax a little guys!

gtotheunit91 said:

More digs at Starfield from the media lol. At least Eurogamer doesn't give out scores.

Cool. Starfield will probably still have more handcrafted content in total, Lol.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Lol, the worst is they think it's automatically a good thing.

No way a human can generate a planet on its own lol, there as to be generations up to a point anyway, and we also know that (correct me if I'm wrong but think I remember this) Starfield city/settlement etc... are not procedurally generated. So the difference might not be as cut-dry as PR statements from both studios lead them to believe.

EpicRandy said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Lol, the worst is they think it's automatically a good thing.

No way a human can generate a planet on its own lol, there as to be generations up to a point anyway, and we also know that (correct me if I'm wrong but think I remember this) Starfield city/settlement etc... are not procedurally generated. So the difference might not be as cut-dry as PR statements from both studios lead them to believe.

Especially when people have spent the past few years trashing Ubisoft's open worlds now, Lol.

Meanwhile, I still enjoy them. Looking forward to both Star Wars Outlaws and Starfield.

Anything good or bad come from todays hearing? Does it looks pretty good now, or more upcoming bumps in the road?

havoc00 said:

Anything good or bad come from todays hearing? Does it looks pretty good now, or more upcoming bumps in the road?

Good. Microsoft and CMA got what they wanted (a delay to the CAT trial), CMA sounds like they're definitely approving this deal based on comments during the trial. Bad if you was hoping things would wrap up soon, Microsoft heavily implied they won't close over CMA and they're both working to get this done before closing, it could be anywhere from now (CMA/MS have to discuss the new remedy) but most likely is probably August.

If only games journalism could be procedurally generated. It'd probably still be more original and interesting then what we're getting, since you could at least set a limit to how many times it repeats the same nonsense.