By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft and CMA Wins.

Conditional adjournment granted based on evidence from CMA about proposed agreement between CMA and MS.

Lol that judge was like "I'm in the mood to make them sweat a little XD"

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Microsoft and CMA Wins.

Conditional adjournment granted based on evidence from CMA about proposed agreement between CMA and MS.

Lol that judge was like "I'm in the mood to make them sweat a little XD"

Man was like "damn that Judge Corley looked like she had fun, I want a bit of that"

Microsoft and CMA weren't looking good for a lot of that

It's conditional on evidence still but Microsoft and CMA can now restructure the deal in peace. Closure should be the next few weeks Imo, maybe not this week because I don't think CMA will lift the block but I doubt they'll take long to look at this divesture of Cloud, it should be fast tracked and it's only one piece to look at.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 July 2023

Crazy we've gone from the CMA sternly blocking this deal and calling out the EU to practically begging CAT to let them approve the deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQVdR8mJrds

No clip next project vampire survivors is up ^^'

Ryuu96 said:

Crazy we've gone from the CMA sternly blocking this deal and calling out the EU to practically begging CAT to let them approve the deal.

I hope they've learned their lessons not to play in the FTC playbook.

Really looks like the EU increased its oversight as a result of the FTC stance but then came to the conclusion that the FTC stance was not based on logic and truth and there was nothing deal-breaking in the ramification of the deal itself.

The CMA though, drank the FTC arguments like it was cool aid and went all in for a political play, they were looking for a conclusion, not for a solution, the console SLC debacle is a direct result of this, doing a silly math mistake because it fit their narrative and prevented them to properly look twice.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 17 July 2023

Around the Network

So anywhere between now can the deal close, it just depends on how long it takes for CMA/Microsoft to discuss and finalise the proposed remedy, which appears to be a divestiture of xCloud in the UK, the CMA said at the start of the trial that they have not received Microsoft's final remedy just yet, maybe Microsoft is still working out who xCloud will be divested to.

My prediction for closure is the 1st week of August!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 17 July 2023

I'm voting 4th of August for a great birthday gift lol, especially if ABK and MS are ready to add some content to the game pass right away.

I don't think it will take long to finalize the deal, they seem to have already decided on what to do (spinning off Xbox Cloud business to another company in the UK only according to the one leak), so they will need to hammer out the final details on the timeline for that Cloud spinoff (deadlines and such), dot some I's, cross some T's on the final paperwork. Early August acquisition close makes sense to me, probably first week.

Hopefully ABK games are on Gamepass pretty much the day the deal closes, like they were with Zenimax.

That's a pretty good size imo. 5 planets, each handcrafted, each about the size of 2-3 AC Odyssey zones, plus the space combat maps. Maybe they will even have more than 5 planets announced by launch. 

Guessing they are referring to the mainland zones in AC Odyssey when they say that each planet is equal to 2-3 AC Odyssey zones, because most of the island zones in Odyssey are substantially smaller. Just the area of the planet where the speeder-bike chase from the gameplay demo happened looked like a bigger map than most of the islands zones in Odyssey, and I doubt that speeder bike section of the demo covered the full map of that planet. Assuming a planet in Outlaws is equal to either 2 of the bigger mainland zones, like Lakonia and Achaia, or 3 of the smaller mainland zones, like Malis and Argolis.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 17 July 2023