By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
yvanjean said:
trunkswd said:

Concession to keep Call of Duty on PS for 10 years would be more than worth it as Microsoft was already planning on keeping the franchise on PS anyway. Unless the concession is to keep all Activision Blizzard games multiplatform for 10 years?

I don't think Microsoft really cares about keeping anything away from Sony's consoles now as long as they get day 1 on Game Pass.

I agree that Microsoft is fine with keeping those games on PS. More games for Game Pass and growing Microsoft's mobile presence is the main reason for this deal.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Put WoW on the console for me and I won't care about CoD.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Ryuu96 said:

Reminder.

Italian Site Multiplayer.it interviewed Arianna Podestà, Coordinating Spokesperson for economic affairs of the European Commission, who signed the Phase 2 announcement document regarding the Microsoft-Activision proposal.

First 23 minutes.

- Very, very high possibilities to close a deal in phase 2 with concessions
- Highy difficult if not impossible to terminate a phase 2 without concessions
- If Microsoft clarifies EU Commission doubts, no problem, it closes

L'UE BOCCIA l'acquisizione Microsoft Activision? - Il Cortocircuito - YouTube

It's very likely passing in EC.

Thanks for the update. I know I was mostly concerned about the EU when this deal was announced, turns out they're being pretty reasonable. 

trunkswd said:
yvanjean said:

I don't think Microsoft really cares about keeping anything away from Sony's consoles now as long as they get day 1 on Game Pass.

I agree that Microsoft is fine with keeping those games on PS. More games for Game Pass and growing Microsoft's mobile presence is the main reason for this deal.

Yes and this cannot be any clearer with Microsoft stipulating their intention to also bring back the franchise to Nintendo's hardware.

You know what Microsoft should offer a contractual agreement to Nintendo to bring CoD on Nintendo's planforms for at least 10 years if the deal goes through. Doing so would fly in the face off Sony's bad faith arguments and either force them to accept Microsoft deal or double down on the hypocrisies.

Pentiment and Grounded in here.

Around the Network

EpicRandy said:
trunkswd said:

Yes and this cannot be any clearer with Microsoft stipulating their intention to also bring back the franchise to Nintendo's hardware.

You know what Microsoft should offer a contractual agreement to Nintendo to bring CoD on Nintendo's planforms for at least 10 years if the deal goes through. Doing so would fly in the face of Sony's bad faith arguments and either force them to accept Microsoft deal or double down on the hypocrisies.

Microsoft gonna be like, “i’m gonna make CoD multi-platform even harder” 

Ryuu96 said:

Pentiment and Grounded in here.

VAMPIRE SURVIVORS!!! 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

EpicRandy said:
trunkswd said:

You know what Microsoft should offer a contractual agreement to Nintendo to bring CoD on Nintendo's planforms for at least 10 years if the deal goes through. Doing so would fly in the face off Sony's bad faith arguments and either force them to accept Microsoft deal or double down on the hypocrisies.

That would be funny if Microsoft also signs a deal with Nintendo to bring CoD to the Switch. Only way they can run on the Switch I can see if having them running on the cloud.