By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ryuu96 said:

Watch Microsoft-Activision Deal Has Wiggle Room for Divestiture, Says Former CMA Legal Director - Bloomberg

He made a joke that the CMA asked for more time in the CAT appeal but didn't get it and by doing this move, they now have more time.

What if it isn't a joke 👀

Crafty CMA. Jk ...Maybe.

Surely Microsoft wouldn't fall for that.

There's a very low probability of that IMO if anything it will only help Microsoft with another appeal to the CAT. 

Around the Network
EpicRandy said:
Ryuu96 said:

Watch Microsoft-Activision Deal Has Wiggle Room for Divestiture, Says Former CMA Legal Director - Bloomberg

He made a joke that the CMA asked for more time in the CAT appeal but didn't get it and by doing this move, they now have more time.

What if it isn't a joke 👀

Crafty CMA. Jk ...Maybe.

Surely Microsoft wouldn't fall for that.

There's a very low probability of that IMO if anything it will only help Microsoft with another appeal to the CAT. 

Yeah true, CAT is still watching.

Good job in THAT thread, I keep debating about whether to post a long ass post in there but I feel it would fall on deaf ears

Machiavellian said:

I am more interested in what MS offered to get this ball rolling again. I believe every see this deal going through now, just wondering what MS feel is not worth it to keep. We all assume its XCloud but I wonder if it could be something else. We know it has to be cloud related.

They probably just said the same shit again in a different way, and no one noticed.  It's not like they were paying any attention the first time.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Idas again:

Yes, this is still a relevant question for the next days. Will they close next week everywhere except in UK or everyone has to wait?

But those 3 months of conversations could also include the investigation. And I guess that there shouldn't be a lot of new evidence to review. In fact, this sounds more like new remedy talks.

They are even thinking about divestments (they rejected them very quickly a few months ago). Something like that wouldn't be possible in the appeal process, only during the remittal and depending on the grounds upheld. This is why I think this sounds like a better solution.

Next thing to keep an eye on: if the CMA lifts its closure ban

Around the Network

Bruh, I really wish MS would just close over the CMA. Sick of them.