By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

- 10% of planets have any life on them.

Good ratio, Imo.

- Fully surveying planets and systems gives a lot of money.

Oh I'm going to be spending hours surveying planets, Lol.

- Creatures can fight each other, you will see it - one of the development problems has been aggressive high level creatures killing off all other creatures on a planet.

- Pass on answering if there's black holes in the game.

I wonder if he passed because it's part of the main story.

Around the Network

Looks like Microsoft was interested in acquiring Zynga at one point?

Ryuu96 said:

Good ratio, Imo.

- Creatures can fight each other, you will see it - one of the development problems has been aggressive high level creatures killing off all other creatures on a planet.

Honestly 10% feels low to me from a gameplay perspective. Sure, it's alot less than 10% in the real universe, NASA has estimated that just 1% of planets in the Milky Way galaxy are orbiting their star within the habitable zone (the zone where temperatures on the planet could potentially allow water to exist in liquid form, without water a planet can't sustain life), and alot less than that 1% in the habitable zone would actually have life on them. But ignoring the science of the real galaxy, and speaking from a gameplay perspective, having over 900 planets (in a game with 1000+ planets) that are just barren rock where you can go to mine minerals and complete the surveying completion list by cataloging each mineral that can be mined on that planet, feels a bit lacking to me honestly. That kind of seems like a lot of busy work for those who like to complete games 100%, having 900 planets where the only thing to do is surveying all of the mineral that can be mined. Really hope there isn't an achievement for surveying every planet, lol, that may have one of the longest achievement completion times of any game on Xbox if there is an achievement for that. 

For the average gamer, it won't be an issue at all, they will largely stick to the 100+ planets with life, and especially the ones with human settlements and side and main quests on them. I just feel bad for the completionists who will actually have to survey all of those 900+ lifeless, barren rocks.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 June 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Good ratio, Imo.

Honestly 10% feels low to me from a gameplay perspective. Sure, it's alot less than 10% in the real universe, NASA has estimated that just 1% of planets in the Milky Way galaxy are orbiting their star within the habitable zone (the zone where temperatures on the planet could potentially allow water to exist in liquid form, without water a planet can't sustain life), and alot less than that 1% in the habitable zone would actually have life on them. But ignoring the science of the real galaxy, and speaking from a gameplay perspective, having over 900 planets (in a game with 1000+ planets) that are just barren rock where you can go to mine minerals and complete the surveying completion list by cataloging each mineral that can be mined on that planet, feels a bit lacking to me honestly. That kind of seems like a lot of busy work for those who like to complete games 100%, having 900 planets where the only thing to do is surveying all of the mineral that can be mined. 

I mean, if there's 1000 planets and 100 of those planets have life on them, that's more than enough for me lol. I have no intention of trying to visit all 1000 planets the game has since all 100 of those planets that do have life in them will most likely have every mineral and resource I'll ever need. 

So many of these empty planets are just going to be blank canvases for modders to go crazy with for years and years.

gtotheunit91 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Honestly 10% feels low to me from a gameplay perspective. Sure, it's alot less than 10% in the real universe, NASA has estimated that just 1% of planets in the Milky Way galaxy are orbiting their star within the habitable zone (the zone where temperatures on the planet could potentially allow water to exist in liquid form, without water a planet can't sustain life), and alot less than that 1% in the habitable zone would actually have life on them. But ignoring the science of the real galaxy, and speaking from a gameplay perspective, having over 900 planets (in a game with 1000+ planets) that are just barren rock where you can go to mine minerals and complete the surveying completion list by cataloging each mineral that can be mined on that planet, feels a bit lacking to me honestly. That kind of seems like a lot of busy work for those who like to complete games 100%, having 900 planets where the only thing to do is surveying all of the mineral that can be mined. 

I mean, if there's 1000 planets and 100 of those planets have life on them, that's more than enough for me lol. I have no intention of trying to visit all 1000 planets the game has since all 100 of those planets that do have life in them will most likely have every mineral and resource I'll ever need. 

So many of these empty planets are just going to be blank canvases for modders to go crazy with for years and years.

Yeah, it definitely won't be an issue for the average gamer, the average gamer may take the time to survey a handful of those 900+ lifeless barren rocky planets and moons just to get the survey completion reward for those planets, but they will spend the vast majority of their time on the 100 or so planets with life on them, especially the ones with human settlements and therefore human quest givers. 

I just feel bad for the completionists who may actually have to attempt to complete the surveying checklist for all 900+ lifeless rocks for some kind of in-game reward or achievement. Time to pour one out for Jirard "Dragonrider" Khalil, aka The Completionist, and all of the other completionists out there. 

Around the Network

Fuck it I'll just wait for the trial and the judge can shift through all this nonsense.

FTC: TIL What Contracts Are.

Yeah, no shit, a contract has get out clauses in it if the economic situation drastically changes, fucking duh.

Ignores the EC commitments too and Nvidia wouldn't have f*cking signed the contract if it wasn't good, Nvidia was initially against the deal, now they have a contract and are praising the deal and saying it should be approved. The FTC is treating billion dollar companies with an army of lawyers as if they're fucking stupid, Lol. FTC knows better than Nintendo, Nvidia, Boosteroid, EE, European Commission, LOL.

20 lawyers for these arguments...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 June 2023

FTC telling us that Nvidia's lawyers are dumbasses

gtotheunit91 said:

FTC telling us that Nvidia's lawyers are dumbasses

Nvidia...Nintendo...EE...Boosteroid...European Commission...Etc.

Spade said:

Is it real that Sony is going to withhold PS6 specs if deal goes through?They seem kinda desperate.. lol.

Xbox should just let Sony devs port it over from the PC version after release, of course after they pay Xbox for the right to do so.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.