By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
gtotheunit91 said:

WRPG's were what I loved about the original Xbox, alongside Halo and the Sega exclusives, which of course continued throughout the 360 generation. It'll be great to see Xbox go back to a big part of what made the platform great to begin with

The narrative is going to go from "Xbox has no games" to "all Xbox makes are WRPG's"

Shooter Box to WRPG Box.

I think Sega will have a heavy presence at this showcase.

Just a feeling...

Persona 3 Remake was leaked alongside a Jet Set Radio Remake months ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if Xbox announces them both.

Around the Network

Please get Jet Set Radio Remake on Game Pass day one as well.

Shouldn't be too expensive, in fact, no offense but it shouldn't be expensive at all, it's Jet Set Radio

Ryuu96 said:

Phil should come out like

"Xbox fans, starting 2023, we aim to have a WRPG for you every year, starting with Starfield, then Avowed in 2024 and then Fable in 2025!"

And the crowd goes wild, Xbox King of WRPGs!

You know, I'm actually kind of hyped to see some proper gameplay for Hellblade 2. I know we got that one scene with her running away but that didn't hit the spot for me. Need to see it again. 

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

WRPG's were what I loved about the original Xbox, alongside Halo and the Sega exclusives, which of course continued throughout the 360 generation. It'll be great to see Xbox go back to a big part of what made the platform great to begin with

The narrative is going to go from "Xbox has no games" to "all Xbox makes are WRPG's"

Shooter Box to WRPG Box.

I think Sega will have a heavy presence at this showcase.

Just a feeling...

Persona 3 Remake was leaked alongside a Jet Set Radio Remake months ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if Xbox announces them both.

That'd be pretty sick. Xbox would do a full circle with both WRPG's and with Sega exclusives. I remember someone on this site trying to claim that Sega wasn't all about Xbox exclusives back in the day, but they absolutely were! The list is even longer than I remember

It's great to see Sega and Xbox working together again! 

Something to potentially look out for. This will be Tina Amini's first "E3" Showcase.

She joined Xbox last year as the Director of Xbox Broadcasts and Events Strategy Lead and was responsible for the Developer Direct.

Be interesting to see if there's any changes to this showcase from last years.

She earned my respect from the Developer Direct, easily one of the strongest Xbox "non-E3" events.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 May 2023

Around the Network

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 should also have a decent spotlight, having a December release with Game Pass day 1 and 3-month exclusivity if a remember correctly.

EpicRandy said:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 should also have a decent spotlight, having a December release with Game Pass day 1 and 3-month exclusivity if a remember correctly.

Oh true, I forgot about this baby (I'm getting ready to kickstart the boardgame for it ) but that would be sweet to see some footage.

Considering this is for a contract position, hopefully it's just in terms of polish? idk lol 

gtotheunit91 said:

Considering this is for a contract position, hopefully it's just in terms of polish? idk lol 

On playgrounds website there is the complete list of jobs available specifically for Fable :

Animation Engineer (All Levels)
Co-Dev Design Director
Encounter Designer - Contract
Environment Producer
Gameplay Animator
Gameplay Designer - Contract
Lead Animation Engineer - Contract
Lead Audio Programmer - Contract
Lead Character Artist
Lead Pipeline Engineer - Contract
Lead Technical Artist
Lead UI Engineer
Lighting Artist - Contract
Material Artist - Contract
Producer - Contract
Senior Character Artist
Senior Cinematic Lighting Artist - Contract
Senior Cinematics Animator - Contract
Senior Cinematics Artist - Contract
Senior Encounter Designer - Contract
Senior Environment Artist - Contract
Senior Gameplay Designer - Contract
Senior Level Designer - Contract
Senior Lighting Artist - Contract
Senior Pipeline Engineer - Contract
Senior Producer
Senior Quest Designer - Contract
Senior Recruiter
Senior Rendering Engineer
Senior UI Engineer

That's a lot of resources (30) needed, probably more than just polishing.

Sarah Bond

Corporate Vice President - Xbox - Microsoft

Bond, 44, brings a classic résumé: Yale bachelor’s degree, Harvard MBA, McKinsey consultant, and corporate strategist at T-Mobile before joining Microsoft in 2017.

She now leads the division of Xbox that builds and commercializes products and services for game creators. That makes her a key player in a major strategic transformation: Microsoft’s ambitious effort to reorder the gaming ecosystem so anyone can play any game anywhere on any device. Among other challenges, Microsoft must change the way developers create games.

Bond is also on the boards of two publicly traded corporations: Zuora (software) and Chegg (services for students).

A head-hunter calls her “a superstar up-and-comer” and “an inspiring leader.” — Geoff Colvin

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 May 2023