By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Before

After

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Before

After

Ummmm, where's Xbox's CVP of Cloud Gaming........?

Promote Phil to Super-Ultra CEO.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

• Ashley McKissick is gone (Experiences Development)

But I think her role was just merged into Sarah Bond's role as it lists responsibilities as "Player and Creator Experiences"

• Dave McCarthy has changed from Xbox Product Services to Chief Operations Officer.

But again, I think Sarah Bond has taken his former role under her responsibilities.

• Haiyan Zhang left a while ago, she is General Manager & Partner, Gaming AI but not in the leadership team.

Her role was taken by Joslyn Main.

• Kareem Choudry is gone (Gaming Cloud)

He is now CVP, Xbox Emerging Technologies but not on the Leadership Team.

• Lori Wright (Gaming Business Development) is gone.

But it sounds like her role has also been taken by Sarah Bond.

“Sarah Bond will lead this team as President of Xbox — bringing together Devices, Player & Creator Experiences, Platform Engineering, Strategy, Business Planning, Data & Analytics and Business Development.”

Sounds to me like a lot of former roles have been merged under Sarah, although there's not much difference in amount of roles in the overall image, there used to be 12 on the Leadership Team, now there's 11.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 26 October 2023

gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Before

After

Kareem is now CVP, Xbox Emerging Technologies which could include Cloud Gaming but he is no longer on the leadership team.

Not a surprise considering how small Cloud has been, either Cloud has been merged into his role which includes other things or Sarah has took it.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Before

After

The Cloud guy and the Experiences woman are removed from the executive team I see. A positive sign that Xbox is moving away from Cloud and non-traditional gaming and back to core gaming and mobile gaming as the only major focuses of Xbox.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Kareem is now CVP, Xbox Emerging Technologies which could include Cloud Gaming but he is no longer on the leadership team.

Not a surprise considering how small Cloud has been, either Cloud has been merged into his role which includes other things or Sarah has took it.

Seems like Xbox is pulling back on their cloud gaming ambitions then if it's now been essentially demoted from Cloud Gaming to Emerging Technologies. 

It does look like Sarah has gobbled up a few roles under her responsibilities and they've streamlined things under her so I wonder if the few that have gone will be working under Sarah now in their same roles but just not on the Leadership team?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Also got rid of the Pronouns,