By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MWII Tops $800 Million Sell-Through in 3 Days, Largest Opening Weekend in Franchise History

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Activision’s Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® II has become the #1 top-selling opening weekend ever in the franchise, delivering more than $800 million worldwide in sell-through following the first three days from its release on October 28, 2022. The blockbuster opening tops any of the biggest worldwide box office openings of 2022, surpassing ‘Top Gun: Maverick,’ and ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ worldwide box office openings combined.

Modern Warfare II also set a new franchise opening weekend record as the #1 top-selling Call of Duty digital opening through its first three days. Developed by Infinity Ward, the release of Modern Warfare II represents a bold new direction for the entertainment franchise, which will continue with the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Warzone TM 2.0 on November 16.

Through only its first three days of release, Modern Warfare II’s opening topped the previous five-day franchise record, set in 2011 by Modern Warfare® 3 in sell-through, to become the biggest opening ever in Call of Duty. Players around the world took part in the new launch, setting new player participation franchise records for number of unique players and hours played through its first three days of premium release.

Modern Warfare II Tops $800 Million Sell-Through in Three Days, Delivers Largest Opening Weekend in Franchise History | Business Wire

Around the Network

I apologize for contributing to the sales, but it sure feels and plays good.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Second biggest launch ever in terms of revenue.