By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Your Own Backyard Podcast (Listener Discretion Advised)

I suppose this is kind of a weird thread to be making here, but I figure there probably are many people who are interested in True Crime and podcasts and thought this particular story would be of interest to some.

In my local area back in the mid-90s a young woman went missing from a college campus after attending an off campus party and returning to her dorm.  There was a prime suspect at the time, but because of the botched response by campus police and local police most of the leads were cold before any investigative work was done.  Many years have passed since then and many phases of the investigation have unfolded, but as recently as 2019 the case was considered cold.  

Enter Chris Lambert, not of Highlander fame, but rather a local musician from the area who had become interested in this unsolved case.  In a very compelling podcast series Lambert lays out the past and present of the investigation, pulling at threads, speaking with people who were in attendance at the party where the girl was last seen and inspiring other people who had information regarding this tragedy to come forward.  

Well today, October 18th 2022, 26 and a half years after Kristin Smart went missing, the jury reached a verdict and found Paul Flores guilty of the murder of Kristin Smart in the 1st degree.  It is a time of closure for the parents of Kristin Smart and a time to reflect on the power that each of us have to be members of our community and help bring about change.  Without the work of Chris Lambert and his podcast there may never have been resolution to this case.

If you'd like to listen, find the podcast here.  

Around the Network

thanks sega

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

thanks sega

Don't be that guy, You should get a warning you and others wanna attack me first huh watch it or i might finish my projects don't need people scoping me. Theres more to life than just this.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 18 October 2022