By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony games have no diversity and Sony fans should be worried.

Jpcc86 said:

I honestly tought this was a joke thread, as in response to the Blizzard one.
I dont know what to tell you, but seriously - with a serious face - can you elaborate? Cause I dont see it.
This is very weirdly worded. Sounds like trolling.

Dont know how you think its trolling. Watch the video. I never noticed before how almost all sony games play the same with a new lick of paint till i seen it.

Plus i gave pretty good reasons in the OP. So if you feel like this thread is trolling you must think that Blizzard thread thats pretty much a copy of a thread that was made not long before it is proper trolling.

Anyway this is no troll thread. Its making my point that i have come to notice that most of sonys first party AAA IP's all are pretty much the same with a new lick of paint.

Unlike them other topics i wont hit and run i will defend my stance on this.

Where is my ape escape?, Arc the lad?, White knight? Legend of dragoon?, Wipeout?, Wild arms?, Resistance?, Motorstorm?, Siren?, Alundra?, Gravity Rush?, Socom?, Syphon Filter? etc etc.

Around the Network

Quite sure halil is making fun of the whole shebang in general. Anyway i should have reported the other thread for bait earlier

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

C'mon guys, the title is basically a rip on the Blizzard thread, stop being dense... for real, pls.

Side note: I find the third person argument valid, we've got more than enough 3rd person games as is, not everything has to be in thrid person when it comes to Sony, MS or Nintendo (we even had ppl rabbling on about Cyberpunk not being 3rd person, and yet we have games like Metro/Halo/Doom/Half life and those are valid games). 

Last edited by Chazore - on 08 October 2022

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:

C'mon guys, the title is basically a rip on the Blizzard thread, stop being dense... for real, pls.

Side note: I find the third person argument valid, we've got more than enough 3rd person games as is, not everything has to be in thrid person when it comes to Sony, MS or Nintendo (we even had ppl rabbling on about Cyberpunk not being 3rd person, and yet we have games like Metro/Halo/Doom/Half life and those are valid games). 

Indeed, i mean even look at that Wolverine UE5 fan made video. It latterly feels like it could be a Sony game and is most likely how its going to look.

I mean all sonys AAA games lately all follow the same path.

I would not say all but they have gotten into an annoying trend of a lot of their games having the same setting. Post-apocalypse forest game. Astro Bot is good. Spiderman is solid even if the open-world design is a bit Ubisoft. I've been annoyed with Sony's output as well but kinda noticing it's less of a Sony-only issue and more of an industry-wide issue esp with AAA games. MS,EA,Bethesda,2K,Activision are just as guilty. So many no matter the publisher play it safe in menus, mechanics, game design, and narrative and like Hollywood they are not taking risks. Just making games that hit the same bland bullet points that market research appeals to a mass. You really have to go AA,B, and indies for most the games trying something different. Nintendo is at least trying to be more diverse.

It's not just diverse in genres but actual game design. A lot of games these days despite being technically a different genre, still feel the same as a lot of others. So many zombie games have you spend time in a menu that looks like every other game's menu holding a button to "craft" something. Ah man, I gotta find scrap. One issue I took up with Days gone is the UI feels like something more out of a sci-fi game. They didn't theme the UI after the setting. Lazy. Also has one of the most overused and annoying things in games. A weapon wheel. Since weapon wheels use analog you sometimes miss and choose the wrong thing. Not the same style of game but in Soulsticer to choose a new weapon, just have them assigned to the Dpad. Even 2 of the same kind hit the direction twice. On the fly and problem solved. Too many for a Dpad? Balance the game better to work with fewer.

Days Gone is one example of many that feel similar but that game is just video games the game in the modern era. It's not bad per say but does nothing new or interesting either. It's just another one. Too many AAA games are just that, another one of whatever it is.

Not only would it be great to not just have more clear defined genres but to actually feel and look different across Sony or most AAA titles. Something Nintendo first party and published has done very well this gen with Switch.  Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild,Arms,Splatoon,Astral Chain,Bayonetta,Xenoblade,Fire Emblem,Smash etc all feel like very different games in everyway. So not just diverse in genre but mechanics,narrative,world building, UI ect.

Last edited by Leynos - on 08 October 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I would not say all but they have gotten into an annoying trend of a lot of their games having the same setting. Post-apocalypse forest game. Astro Bot is good. Spiderman is solid even if the open-world design is a bit Ubisoft. I've been annoyed with Sony's output as well but kinda noticing it's less of a Sony-only issue and more of an industry-wide issue esp with AAA games. MS,EA,Bethesda,2K,Activision are just as guilty. So many no matter the publisher play it safe in menus, mechanics, game design, and narrative and like Hollywood they are not taking risks. Just making games that hit the same bland bullet points that market research appeals to a mass. You really have to go AA,B, and indies for most the games trying something different. Nintendo is at least trying to be more diverse.

It's not just diverse in genres but actual game design. A lot of games these days despite being technically a different genre, still feel the same as a lot of others. So many zombie games have you spend time in a menu that looks like every other game's menu holding a button to "craft" something. Ah man, I gotta find scrap. One issue I took up with Days gone is the UI feels like something more out of a sci-fi game. They didn't theme the UI after the setting. Lazy. Also has one of the most overused and annoying things in games. A weapon wheel. Since weapon wheels use analog you sometimes miss and choose the wrong thing. Not the same style of game but in Soulsticer to choose a new weapon, just have them assigned to the Dpad. Even 2 of the same kind hit the direction twice. On the fly and problem solved. Too many for a Dpad? Balance the game better to work with fewer.

Days Gone is one example of many that feel similar but that game is just video games the game in the modern era. It's not bad per say but does nothing new or interesting either. It's just another one. Too many AAA games are just that, another one of whatever it is.

Not only would it be great to not just have more clear defined genres but to actually feel and look different across Sony or most AAA titles. Something Nintendo first party and published has done very well this gen with Switch.  Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild,Arms,Splatoon,Astral Chain,Bayonetta,Xenoblade,Fire Emblem,Smash etc all feel like very different games in everyway. So not just diverse in genre but mechanics,narrative,world building, UI ect.

Very well said. And your point is right. Its not just sony but most AAA devs are now playing it safe instead of taking chances. I really like this post as it hits it right on the head.