By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People that want certain games but never played the classics thread

I’d like a new dragons dogma: dark arisen, but I’ve never played past the intro of it… so I can’t really speak.

Around the Network

I use to clamor for new installments of classics. But over the last ten years or so, I've realized something: almost never does it live up to the games of old. Whether it's because of a change of developers, or the developers got old, or for some other reason. Rarely do they feel as if they belong with the originals. At best, it's like seeing your old high school buddy, decades later. Yes, he's still that guy. But he's fat, bald, wrinkled, working for minimum wage and drives a used car that's all rusted out. Not pleasant. 

So in my opinion, it's best to just leave the past alone. Those old games are still there to play. I don't want my childhood and teen years pillaged to make mediocre games, simply because. They deserve better than that. I deserve better than that. We all deserve better than that.