By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tekken 8 is Official , it says 8

Hiku said:

Tekken 7 is really old. It was mostly developed during the PS3 era, and released in the arcades on March 2015. A year and a few months after PS4 laucnhed.

You can see a huge difference in Tekken 8. It looks really good. And I think this type of cinematic battle trailer is a really good way to present it.
All of it was captured on a PS5 and rendered in real-time.

Sadly gone are the times we had 2 or 3 of a fighting game per gen. Now it's 1 and DLC. Difference between then getting £50 from me every few years to £50 once and then being disappointed at just more DLC characters I don't care about. :P

If this is an example of the graphical improvements then great, they claimed it was running from part of the story gameplay. I hope development is swift too as I presume they would have moved onto Unreal 5 now. T7 was build on Unreal4 so development might be quicker now they have gameplay standards, character models and such alike down.

Also, I just need the customisation to be close to T6s gloriousness, T7s was a bit lacking.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

T8 is confirmed to be developed on Unreal Engine 5.

Tekken 8: The Exclusive First Interview with Katsuhiro Harada - ‘A Turning Point’ (ign.com)

Great news, going to look fantastic then and hopefully easy to develop for them. Maybe I won't be waiting 4 years for it to release. :P

Last edited by The Fury - on 16 September 2022

Hmm, pie.