By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Update about my grandma final days? Probably last IRL thread for the month?

SegaHeart said:

My grandma who gotten 2 strokes before and still survived is no longer in Honduras and is crazier than ever, She complains about not getting food when she does get food. Yesterday she fought some lady on the street IDK who won?sent her to the hospital and told her shes going to an elderly retirement home and will be harshly locked. My mom told me when she worked as house keeping when she was younger cleaning floors those places beat up old people and mistreat them and most americans don't care about their grandparents and suffer she saw an african nurse slam a door so hard the elderly woman finger got chopped off. My mom reported it but the sons of the grandma said who cares we don't wanna take take of that nutjob grandma? I guess some retirement homes a just evil and the grandparents get the worst of it but hopefully my grandma is in a better good retirement home hope she doesn't punch the nurse she really lost it yesterday and needs strong meds. I feel bad for her even though she wants maipulates my uncle and mom which is a champ but they fought back her masterful tactics glad I'm not like her IDK how to manipulate. She gets alot of stuff she wants I can't even do that if anything I'm the one who gets ignored noone in my family gives me anything not even $20, But yet she made my uncle pay $4,000 dollars to travel few months ago that's some hardcore manipulations and she flexes and still talks bad about him.

Hopefully she gets the assistance she needs... Sadly we are all only temporary on this planet, so the goal is live as long and as happy as possible... During the twilight years of our lives our mental and physical health does deteriorate, so it's not an unexpected behavior... She just needs the concessions and support to manage it appropriately.

As for the secondary financial side... Strive to stand on your own two feet, don't expect anything from anyone, work hard, play harder... And make sure people meet you half way financially. You owe them squat.

Yesterday I probably spent almost $20,000 on a new motorbike, laptop, home theater system. By myself. No help... Paid in cash.
And that is an amazing feeling when you can accomplish such things.

I honestly refuse to take money or "material possessions" from anyone, even family... It's not a pride thing, but I am old enough and ugly enough to pay my own way, it's a good feeling to have.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--