By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Developers Should Make Mishandled or Shelved Game IP's

The team at Sega which makes the Yakuza games, should make a Bully game, based in Japan.

Arc System Works would do a fantastic job with The King of Fighters franchise.

Platinum Games making the next Star Fox would rock.

Looking at how Metroid Dread turned out, Mercury Steam should get another go at Castlevania, but in 2D this time.

Any of the top tier Sony studios (specially Naughty Dog and Santa Monica) could make the next Metal Gear Solid, under Kojima productions supervision of course.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I'm just sick of fun and optimistic games like Animal Crossing New Horizons getting snubbed at award shows in favor of an excessively cinematic game that's needlessly depressing and focuses more on story than gameplay.

That's a preference. There's nothing wrong with cinematic games and winning awards shows is totally out of an individual person's hands. If nothing else, it means those games work for a large majority. 

I couldn't care less for Elden Ring, but I acknowledge the high likelihood of it winning many awards this year. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ah yes, the large majority of TLoUII which took 2 years to limp over 10 million units, as opposed to the measly ~40 million seller New Horizons.

Adding in Hades, Doom Eternal and even FF7Remake, TLoUII was easily the least fun and most divisive title in that list. Had nothing to do with mass appeal and everything to do with agendas and the fact these awards are decided before the games are actually played by real people.

DragonRouge said:

The team at Sega which makes the Yakuza games, should make a Bully game, based in Japan.

Looking at how Metroid Dread turned out, Mercury Steam should get another go at Castlevania, but in 2D this time.

Any of the top tier Sony studios (specially Naughty Dog and Santa Monica) could make the next Metal Gear Solid, under Kojima productions supervision of course.

Please let the Ryu Gotoku team (yakuza) keep doing yakuza titles =p I like they comming every 2 or 3 years.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
DragonRouge said:

Please let the Ryu Gotoku team (yakuza) keep doing yakuza titles =p I like they comming every 2 or 3 years.

How about a game called Yakuza Academy, about Kazuma when he was in high school. 

DragonRouge said:
DonFerrari said:

How about a game called Yakuza Academy, about Kazuma when he was in high school. 

Would need to be a spin-off (like Ishin and Kenzan) and sure I would approve of it S2 . Even the Fist of the North star game made by them was great.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
CGI-Quality said:

That's a preference. There's nothing wrong with cinematic games and winning awards shows is totally out of an individual person's hands. If nothing else, it means those games work for a large majority. 

I couldn't care less for Elden Ring, but I acknowledge the high likelihood of it winning many awards this year. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Ah yes, the large majority of TLoUII which took 2 years to limp over 10 million units, as opposed to the measly ~40 million seller New Horizons.

Adding in Hades, Doom Eternal and even FF7Remake, TLoUII was easily the least fun and most divisive title in that list. Had nothing to do with mass appeal and everything to do with agendas and the fact these awards are decided before the games are actually played by real people.

I'm pretty most game developers would love to limp into 10 million sales.  It's been 2 years, let it go man TLOU2 can't hurt your feelings anymore.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Shaunodon said:

I'm pretty most game developers would love to limp into 10 million sales.  It's been 2 years, let it go man TLOU2 can't hurt your feelings anymore.

My comments were centred around the game awards which take place every year. I've long moved on from The Last of Us series like most gamers, which is why copies were sitting in bargain bins and storage shelves for so long while retaiers could barely give them away.