By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What in the world!? Keiji Inafune announces his new project "Beatroids" NFT Collection.

ORIGINAL STORY CONTINUES: “In 20xx, humans are in danger of extinction,” the site’s story summary reads. “In their hope to survive, Paradise is the destination. An organisation led by a wealthy man Ethan deployed ‘Guardian V’ to protect the grounds and to kill any human that tries to breach. To counterstrike, Beastroids are the only hope for the future of mankind.”

According to the site, Beastroid encompasses a total of 2,620 NFTs, which are set to be launched in July. Beyond launch, PolkaFantasy said it intends to “step into the Metaverse” where NFT owners will be able to  interact with Inafune in social events.

Last edited by Xxain - on 05 July 2022

Around the Network

I have to say I am so bummed Inafune would waste his art on something like this. I get MMX 1-3 nostalgia so hard from these cool designs but NFT's? I not even clear on what a NFT is but it does not sound like game.

EDIT: Cheesus fuck that man loooooooves Zero. 

Last edited by Xxain - on 05 July 2022

No.

If you want to know what NFTs are, watch this

holy that video is long

And a poor business man at that.

Last edited by Leynos - on 06 July 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I wouldn't say its fair to say he isn't a creator. Hes created a lot things; MegaMan(yes, he did not create the original character but he did finalize the design and create the game template), Onimusha, Dead Rising, and Lost Plant. This project sounds lame. What exactly does one do with NFT's? You buy it? Then what?

Xxain said:
Leynos said:

I wouldn't say its fair to say he isn't a creator. Hes created a lot things; MegaMan(yes, he did not create the original character but he did finalize the design and create the game template), Onimusha, Dead Rising, and Lost Plant. This project sounds lame. What exactly does one do with NFT's? You buy it? Then what?

NFT's crashed anyway. Ask him how Red Ash is going or all those multia media deals for Mighty No 9 is going, nothing will come of this. He's a total hack. He is listed as a Co-creator of Lost Planet and the best title in the series is Japan only and he wasn't on that one. He didn't create Onimusha. Yoshiki Okamoto did.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

NFTs? Great! Everyone loves NFTs! Absolutely everyone. This will obviously be a massive hit, because who doesn't love it to buy receipts for some digital images that are obviously very very unique. Incredible idea. It's definitely not a scam. It's all in good faith, absolutely. No way anyone is gonna get ripped off by this. NFTs definitely are not one of the most hated things in the world.
The ultimate moneymaker. Now Inafune is gonna get rich.

After the MN9 fiasco, how can anyone trust him with any kind of project?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.