By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Memory lane (Killer Instinct) Hype was insane back 2013 reveal until they said exclusive to xbox one the hype went down

Idk why there was so much shock about this announcement. Xbox owned the Killer Instinct IP since 2002.

It was a super fun fighting game and I hope another iteration is made!

Around the Network

nah the episode style releases killed the hype. would have been better if it come out completed

Very odd considering the ownership of the IP. Low IQ people booing because they refuse to buy a plastic box.

I think the disappointing thing for me is not the exclusivity issue, but rather the controller issue.
The Xbox controller is damn fine at shooters... But the D-Pad placement was never ideal for a fighter/platformer, which would have felt better on a Sony controller in my opinion.

The other disappointing issue is that, although free-to-play, it's not a terribly large and complex game, so breaking the development over years/seasons really didn't prove to be beneficial for consumers, it just blew out the pricing.

Otherwise... It was probably one of the best fighters of the 8th generation, that is despite being passed around by different developers!

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I think the disappointing thing for me is not the exclusivity issue, but rather the controller issue.
The Xbox controller is damn fine at shooters... But the D-Pad placement was never ideal for a fighter/platformer, which would have felt better on a Sony controller in my opinion.

The other disappointing issue is that, although free-to-play, it's not a terribly large and complex game, so breaking the development over years/seasons really didn't prove to be beneficial for consumers, it just blew out the pricing.

Otherwise... It was probably one of the best fighters of the 8th generation, that is despite being passed around by different developers!

Adding all 3 seasons still worked out cheaper than the standard game. Obviously if we are just referring to the base models.