By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Speculation: Chances of MS pulling a "Elon Musk" on Activision Blizzard deal?

I think MS don't care and will pay for it anyway, when they bought it, they purchased it for 50% on the value, which was like 65 at the time. Some shareholders have more than doubled their money from a few years ago as Activision's shares went massively up over that time, probably more value than it's actually worth. If MS didn't buy it the share would probably be at like 55 or lower by now.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:

I think MS don't care and will pay for it anyway, when they bought it, they purchased it for 50% on the value, which was like 65 at the time. Some shareholders have more than doubled their money from a few years ago as Activision's shares went massively up over that time, probably more value than it's actually worth. If MS didn't buy it the share would probably be at like 55 or lower by now.

I agree, share would be at 50, perhaps even lower. Stocks are melting ATM, and things are going to get even worse in the near future.

GoTY 2022:

Maybe, but I really hope not. Activision's IPs are more salvageable than Twitter.

Save activision from becoming a Call of Duty only publisher, Hope Microsoft keeps them and revives toy for bob and many devs that are shackled on Call of Duty brand noone will make those devs make Crash 5 because it doesnt pull alot of money like COD or Overwatch Microsoft is willing to make more kid friendly games Crash 5 might make big splashes with Microsoft money moreso than Crash 4 its about time which Activision was unhappy and made toys for bob a Call of Duty support studio afterwards and Microsoft can bring back many failed IPS and shelved IPS because they dont make millions in 1 day like COD warzone.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

CaptainExplosion said:

Maybe, but I really hope not. Activision's IPs are more salvageable than Twitter.

The tough part is reviving those IPS with AAA talent Microsoft needs to find like not many developers can not make a chrono trigger like story again because its too deep and more ancient fantasy than a modern fantasy and different lifestyles looking at Breath of Fire series, But for Microsoft the developers for Shelved sequel IPS that can make a comeback are Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 6 or 7? True Crime 3? Which you have to pooach some retired GTA Vice City and 4 developers to work again on True Crime WHich noone is bring back True Crime because GTA 5 online is better. But True Crime is about the Role of a cop arresting and doing GTA stuff something GTA series does opposite which is Your not a cop but a guy trying to get revnge or start new life as a gangster? True Crime can be topped in 3rd game but Noone can top Chrono Trigger which is why Square Enix wont touch a 3rd sequel not that I know of besides Chrono Chross which did less than Chrono Trigger it is about topping the greatest game like how Vampire Savior 1 was amazing but Vampire Savior 2 killed Darkstalkers forever which Capcom is afraid making Darkstalkers 4/Vampire Savior 3 because it could not topple Vampire Savior 1 back then. Which Capcom Fighting Collection is empty there is no sequel after buying capcom fighting collection based on Vampire Savior 2 which they gave it their all but came up short, those IPS are more fragile than Final Fantasy which Final Fantasy can take alot of hits not a Breath of fire series falling face first in Breath of Fire 5 and the killing blow Breath of Fire 6

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 19 June 2022

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take the largest western AAA publisher in house, It will move them from being a revenue underdog in the games industry to being neck and neck with Sony overnight, it will make them the largest video games employer in North America by far, and it massively strengthens their mobile games position.

I can’t think of a single good reason for them to back out. Microsoft nearly made back the purchase price of the deal in one financial quarter, the state of the general economy is irrelevant.

aTokenYeti said:

I can’t think of a single good reason for them to back out. Microsoft nearly made back the purchase price of the deal in one financial quarter, the state of the general economy is irrelevant.

That^

I know this is a speculation thread but the chance that this ever happen (Microsoft backing out) is probably as low as Final Fantasy 7 remake coming to Xbox :)

Microsoft is a company, a really big company. When such companies decide to purchase another, the first thing they do it analyze if it's a good investment or not, and MSoft decided that purchasing Acti-Blizzard for the prize they offerered was a good deal from a business perspective. Yes, it could have been cheaper now, but it will also be cheaper for someone else if they don't finish the job now.

Taking that into account, there is no chance MSoft will back down from this unless the relevant authorities decide to step in and put a lot of conditions to greenlight the deal.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Activision Blizzard's IPs are worth more than what they paid for so no to OP's question.

I hope the move continues on with no issues.

Elon Musk and Twitter is completely different deal - him trying to get Twitter at first ended up looking like he did a bluff all because he got cold feet.

Basil's YouTube Channel