By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Acquisition of Activision moving fast

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network

So, anyone else who bought into Activision Blizzard like China or Saudi Arabia will they have any stake in it after Microsoft finishes the acquisition?

CaptainExplosion said:

So, anyone else who bought into Activision Blizzard like China or Saudi Arabia will they have any stake in it after Microsoft finishes the acquisition?

No.

Everyone has to sell, Activision-Blizzard won't have any shareholders as they become an entity under Microsoft who does and as Microsoft is paying all cash there's no stock offers (I.E. Microsoft isn't offering stock in their company for the sale), in Trailer Park terms it's basically...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 22 May 2022

Ryuu96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No.

Everyone has to sell, Activision-Blizzard won't have any shareholders as they become an entity under Microsoft who does and as Microsoft is paying all cash there's no stock offers (I.E. Microsoft isn't offering stock in their company for the sale), in Trailer Park terms it's basically...

Seems nice.

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Ryuu96 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

No.

Yay! ^^ Sorry for the late reply. Now if only they'd get rid of Bobby Kotick.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Ryuu96 said:

No.

Yay! ^^ Sorry for the late reply. Now if only they'd get rid of Bobby Kotick.

Eventually he'll be gone.

That's dumb, you know they can buy MS stock? lol. Hilarious.

LurkerJ said:

Nobody said they can't.

Ryuu96 said:
LurkerJ said:

Nobody said they can't.

Should we be worried?

CaptainExplosion said:
Ryuu96 said:

Nobody said they can't.

Should we be worried?

Idk, I'm not, Lol.

We're talking Microsoft, a $1.9 trillion dollar company, as a reference, a 5% stake in Microsoft would cost $97bn? Lol.

Maybe they already own stock in Microsoft (I can't find any reference though) but it would be a ridiculously small amount, we're talking like 0.Something %.

They'll be even more irrelevant than the 5% they have in Nintendo.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 May 2022