By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to buy Sonic 3 and Knuckles on Xbox(I'm the only one that knows this)If Sonic Origins collection doesn't have MJ music?

SegaHeart said:

Buy a used Xbox 360 then transfer link your Xbox One account to Xbox 360 buy Sonic 3 on the Xbox 360 store adn then buy Knuckles in Xbox 360 store using your used xbox 360 console then turn off your Xbox 360, turn Xbox One on download your Sonic 3 and knuckles games using your true Xbox account that is link with Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Me in my Youtube playing Sonic 3 and Knuckles on Xbox One

Now the whole world knows

我是广州人

Around the Network

I purchased both Sonic 3 and S&K on my series S like two weeks ago without doing all that. Is it delisted or something now?

shikamaru317 said:

So we still don't know if Origins version of Sonic 3 & Knuckee has the Michael Jackson produced tracks or not? I don't mind so much if they have remixed Tee Lopes versions instead of the originals if they sound mostly the same as the originals (like Tee Lopes' Sonic Mania remixes did), but would be super lame if they are replaced with all new tracks just to avoid giving the MJ estate 3% royalties or whatever, especially since the Origins Collection is a tad overpriced at $40. They are even selling a classic music pack as a standalone DLC or as part of the $45 Digital Deluxe edition, if the MJ tracks aren't in that pack they have really screwed up.

They could just finish tuning the original tracks from the game.

Either way, I still have 3 working genesis consoles and all genesis sonic games, and on steam too.  I can't really say if I'll get Origins, just because I already own those games.  I even have Mega Collection + on PS2, so what is the point in getting Origins?  To play Knuckles and tails together in Sonic 2?...  Knuckles isn't even in Sonic CD.  I really don't even know if having the MJ tracks in the game would be a good thing or not, because every version of sonic 3 I own has them.

SegaHeart said:
Burning Typhoon said:

They could just finish tuning the original tracks from the game.

Either way, I still have 3 working genesis consoles and all genesis sonic games, and on steam too.  I can't really say if I'll get Origins, just because I already own those games.  I even have Mega Collection + on PS2, so what is the point in getting Origins?  To play Knuckles and tails together in Sonic 2?...  Knuckles isn't even in Sonic CD.  I really don't even know if having the MJ tracks in the game would be a good thing or not, because every version of sonic 3 I own has them.

Wow I prefer Sonic 3 Ice Cap retail version by Michael Jackson :(

It wasn't produced by Michael Jackson at all.  It was produced by Brad Buxer and his band, The Jetzons

SEGA doesn't own the rights to the song above which belongs to The Jetzons.  So I'm not going to sweat if they've changed the music for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.  It's understandable.

EDIT:  I should also add that Hard Times was composed in 1982, but left unreleased until 2020.

A detailed video here:

Last edited by Burning Typhoon - on 25 May 2022