By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - 72 Meta/75 OpenCritic

I downloaded the demo, haven't played yet. All recent FF titles are just mashing into 1. Mash buttons until enemy dead. I hope this isn't the same but don't think it is.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I got around to playing the demo, the main exploration and combat was fine, switching classes seemed confusing and the jobs leveling was too and the amount of items with tiny differences seemed nice as it gave you a lot to sort through but I could not get to grips with the blocking/soul absorbing thing at all. Failed and died to Garland fight many times as he basically oneshot me with every hit... so just gave up.

Hmm, pie.

Its a derivative Nioh (lite if you will) with FF skin. Not bad of a score. Looks like the more critical reviewers down voted due to story and quirkiness/wackiness of it but has solid gameplay and actually fun to play. Reviewers are strange bunch.. If this were a high profile game by PG lets say Bayonetta or other wacky games by Suda 51 it would get a free pass. Its like reviewing a Warriors game and expecting it to have well written story and characters lol.

But yeah tried the demo and liked it. Will pick it up on sale.

Last edited by hinch - on 17 March 2022