By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Would be so easy for Europe and USA to at least say "soldiers from North Korea on Ukrainian ground or on Russian ground using weaponry shot towards Ukraine is our red line for allowing Ukraine to use long range missiles also in Russia's direction" and it is then Russia's own decision If they want that or not.

But even when NORTH KOREAN soldiers will step on European ground to Fight there, Europe and USA won't change much. It's just unbelievable to me how this is even possible, Kim sending his soldiers to kill Europeans and not much will happen.

And that guy also doesn't care to throw his people into a meat grinder

In a normal world this is a declaration of war against Europe and a reason to attack North Korea

Around the Network

If North Korean soldiers do fight in Ukraine then it is Ukraine is at war with both Russia AND North Korea at that stage.

It's not no "special military operation" bullshit, it's not "oh it's only a few thousand soldiers" it doesn't matter, it would be North Korea directly getting involved in a war against Ukraine, it would therefore be North Korea going to war against a European country. About time we pulled out fucking fingers out our asses if this turns out true.

Russia and North Korea are at war with a European country. Would this count as a World War? Obviously not anywhere near the scale of WW1/WW2 but how many countries across the world need to get involved in something to declare it as a World War?

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 1 day ago

crissindahouse said:

Would be so easy for Europe and USA to at least say "soldiers from North Korea on Ukrainian ground or on Russian ground using weaponry shot towards Ukraine is our red line for allowing Ukraine to use long range missiles also in Russia's direction" and it is then Russia's own decision If they want that or not.

But even when NORTH KOREAN soldiers will step on European ground to Fight there, Europe and USA won't change much. It's just unbelievable to me how this is even possible, Kim sending his soldiers to kill Europeans and not much will happen.

And that guy also doesn't care to throw his people into a meat grinder

In a normal world this is a declaration of war against Europe and a reason to attack North Korea

Would have gone a step further and said that if North Korean soldiers do get involved we should grow a pair and actually start sending troops into Ukraine, not to fight on frontline positions but to cover Ukraine's flank, station UN Peacekeepers/French Foreign Legion/UK Troops/Polish Troops, etc, in Western Ukraine (not beyond the Dnieper River), station UN Peacekeepers along the Belarus border up to Kyiv and UN Peacekeepers along the Transnistria border inside Ukraine and inside Moldova. Put the French Foreign Legion in Lviv and other European troops in Western Ukraine with a shit ton of AD to train Ukrainian soldiers. Free up Ukraine troops to leave Western Ukraine and fight on the frontlines. Fuck sake Ukraine is already at a manpower disadvantage. We don't need North Korea adding thousands to Russia's ranks.

There's zero chance of the above happening though when we're still too afraid to shoot down Russian missiles and drones violation our own fucking NATO airspace...When America is too afraid to allow Ukraine to use long-range missiles on Russia. So those things will have to be the next barriers to fall first and they'll only fall when Russia does double the damage that those things can cause. At minimum we should be goddamn covering NATO border airspace inside of NATO and inside of Ukraine (I.E. Patriots stationed along the inside of Romania and Poland's border with Ukraine to shoot down any incoming missiles within range of the Patriots and other AD) but we won't even do that.

Also, South Korea should be doing A LOT more for Ukraine at this stage. Their military industry is massive, as soon as Russia and North Korea started to collaborate this deeply it should have been South Korea's signal to go crazy on Ukraine aid, before the Axis of Evil grow stronger, who does South Korea think North Korea is doing to start threatening when Russia helps them with their military?

It's a bit weird to me that Europe has sent more F-16s than America, despite America making them and Australia is about to send more Abrams than America, despite America making them, Lol. Though in fairness, these are retired so not all 49 will be in working condition and some will need repairs or just be used for spare parts and honestly Bradley seems to be better suited to Ukraine than Abrams.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Russia and North Korea are at war with a European country. Would this count as a World War? Obviously not anywhere near the scale of WW1/WW2 but how many countries across the world need to get involved in something to declare it as a World War?

No, it wouldn’t as its generally judged as where fighting takes places rather than who is involved - and at the current time fighting is only taking place in Ukraine.

"Russia must lose control over Ukraine forever and lose even the desire for such control. This is a guarantee of life for Ukraine. And at the same time, it is a guarantee of peace for Europe. And for us to achieve this, I ask you to work for unity in Ukraine and for Ukraine to work with its partners. To convince our partners. To be those who work tirelessly.

I am grateful to each and every one of you who is working in this way for the sake of Ukraine. Who is fighting for Ukraine. I thank everyone on whose shoulders Ukraine stands. Sometimes, in times of war, it happens that society becomes polarised. But it is thanks to respect for each other and gratitude that society is preserved. Despite the polarisation. We are not at war with each other. We are at war with Russia on the battlefield, in international relations, in the economy, in the information sphere and in people's hearts.

We have achieved and are achieving results in battles thanks to our unity. So, please, let us not lose our unity. Let's work together. For the sake of Ukraine. For the sake of Ukraine's victory.

If we lose unity in Ukraine, we will lose unity in Europe.
If we lose unity in Europe, we will lose the support of the world. If we lose the support of the world, we will lose this war, as we did a century ago.

The Victory Plan, among other things, allows us all in Ukraine to unite even more around a common goal. May our joint work on the Victory Plan result in peace for Ukraine as soon as possible."

SecondWar said:
Ryuu96 said:

No, it wouldn’t as its generally judged as where fighting takes places rather than who is involved - and at the current time fighting is only taking place in Ukraine.

Gotcha that makes sense.

• NATO invitation for Ukraine to demonstrate resolve and security architecture
  • Strengthening defence through targeted operations and expanded drone use
  • Non-nuclear deterrence package to counter Russian aggression
  • Enhancing Ukraine's strategic economic potential
  • Tightening sanctions
  • The potential for Ukrainian military experience to bolster NATO defence post-war.
  • No freeze
  • No exchange of territories.

For those who were worried about Ukraine making shitty concessions.

Why do I get the feeling Scholz is going to attempt to throw Ukraine under the bus, I know he says no decisions about Ukraine's fate without the consent of Ukrainians but it just feels weird how much I'm hearing lately about Germany trying to talk to Putin, any talks with Putin should have Zelenskyy included, unless Ukraine gives permission for a country to talk to Putin about what happens in Ukraine. If Ukraine doesn't give such permission or isn't involved in the talks then it's a waste of time, it's not up to Germany what happens in Ukraine.

What I feel like lately is Europe is waiting on the US Election and that will decide what happens, if Trump wins I just have the horrible feeling that Europe is going to piss itself and throw Ukraine under the bus, likely try to force Ukraine to accept defeat and shitty concessions, to the rage of Eastern Europe. But maybe I'm just too cynical lately.