By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

"When we hear that Russia has received a supply of new missiles from Iran, that’s the same evil that [our] allies have had to shoot down in the Middle Eastern sky. The missiles’ make might be different, but not Iran’s terrorist intention that lies at the heart of distribution and deployment of these weapons.

If allies can come together to shoot down missiles and drones in the Middle Eastern sky, why have they not made a decision to join forces and shoot down Russian missiles and Iranian Shaheds in the sky over Ukraine? This isn’t done even when missiles and drones literally head for our neighbouring countries.

Whenever we raise this issue with our partners – which we do all the time, by the way – everyone is trying to dodge it, to be honest. They’re afraid of even saying: ‘We’re working on it.’ They’re even afraid of saying those words. This is true.

So far, only Belarus has distinguished itself by shooting down Russian Shaheds. I didn’t think that’s how it would happen… It’s true; I believe that the strong, democratic world should be embarrassed."

Zelenskyy Reproaches Ukraine's Allies: So Far Only Belarus Shoots Down Russian Shaheds | Ukrainska Pravda

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 3 days ago

Ryuu96 said:

"When we hear that Russia has received a supply of new missiles from Iran, that’s the same evil that [our] allies have had to shoot down in the Middle Eastern sky. The missiles’ make might be different, but not Iran’s terrorist intention that lies at the heart of distribution and deployment of these weapons.

If allies can come together to shoot down missiles and drones in the Middle Eastern sky, why have they not made a decision to join forces and shoot down Russian missiles and Iranian Shaheds in the sky over Ukraine? This isn’t done even when missiles and drones literally head for our neighbouring countries.

Whenever we raise this issue with our partners – which we do all the time, by the way – everyone is trying to dodge it, to be honest. They’re afraid of even saying: ‘We’re working on it.’ They’re even afraid of saying those words. This is true.

So far, only Belarus has distinguished itself by shooting down Russian Shaheds. I didn’t think that’s how it would happen… It’s true; I believe that the strong, democratic world should be embarrassed."

Zelenskyy Reproaches Ukraine's Allies: So Far Only Belarus Shoots Down Russian Shaheds | Ukrainska Pravda

Well you can call a spade a spade and those clowns won't listen sadly.

Also I thought Belarus was on Russia's side being a puppet state, didn't they bring tropes closer to Ukraine border?

Cobretti2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Well you can call a spade a spade and those clowns won't listen sadly.

Also I thought Belarus was on Russia's side being a puppet state, didn't they bring tropes closer to Ukraine border?

They are, I suppose it could be that even Belarus understands that drones of unknown origin can't just go flying around in their country, that or they didn't know whether they were Russian or Ukrainian and removed the risk of figuring that out or it could have been a mistake, AFAIK it has only happened a few times.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 2 days ago

There have been rumors of a peace deal in the process, but this is the soldier's response if there is a peace deal

https://www.dagens.com/war/ukrainian-soldiers-warn-of-coup-if-peace-deal-with-russia-is-made

Around the Network

So there's a leak from a Russian agency working for Putin which pretty much reveals Russia's plan to influence Germany/Germans. How they try to get AfD (the right wing party on the rise in Germany) to at least 20% in Germany with fear mongering, how they want to get in the mind of Germans that Germany's economy is going downwards because of Ukraine, how they need to create fake news websites which look exactly like the real ones (like "Der Spiegel") to look serious in writing bad stuff about Ukraine, Germany's situation and so on...

Everything everyone with a brain knew already but nice that it's confirmed now lol. Too bad those idiots voting for AfD will believe even more how this is fake news and not that Russia manipulates everyone here to vote for AfD....