By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Jumpin said:

Ever been to a club in East Germany? Look how poorly the East German women dance. That’s how you know they are a different culture, and also why they are so fascist.

At least……. That’s my theory.

quite strong too, they'll break your back. 

Around the Network

Anybody heard more on this?

According to the article, Anthony Blinken is travelling to Ukraine to give a speech in which he'll announce permission for Ukraine to launch ATACMS into Russia
https://ua-stena.info/en/blinken-to-announce-permission-for-ukraine-to-strike-deep-into-russia-in-kyiv/

shavenferret said:

Anybody heard more on this?

According to the article, Anthony Blinken is travelling to Ukraine to give a speech in which he'll announce permission for Ukraine to launch ATACMS into Russia
https://ua-stena.info/en/blinken-to-announce-permission-for-ukraine-to-strike-deep-into-russia-in-kyiv/

Has the USA ever heard of mobile phones?

Giving Russia a bit of a heads up if true, although they've had one for months anyway.

Don't know how trustworthy Michael McCaul is, I guess we'll wait and see on Friday.

UK is ready. We've always been ready. Give us the damn permission.

Around the Network

Russia is using Belarussian trucks now. I guess that the Russian worker, who has always been idolized by their culture hasn't been making enough of such things.

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/russian-troops-start-using-be

The Dutch Defense Minister Ruben Brekelmans said that Ukraine can strike anywhere in Russia using weapons provided by his country, according to a Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung report on Monday, Sept 9.

Brekelmans said as far as his government was concerned Ukraine can use any Dutch provided weapons for self-defense in accordance with international law.

“Ukraine has the right to self-defense. If the country is attacked from border areas or Russian airfields, it can target [those] military objects,” Brekelmans said, adding that this also applies to enemy missiles, which can be intercepted by Dutch weapons over Russia.

He also stated that the right to self-defense does not end 100 kilometers from the border, a range limitation the US imposed during Russia’s Kharkiv offensive.

“We have not placed any restrictions on Ukraine regarding operational range,” he said.

Brekelmans also clarified that the permission to strike Russia directly also applies to the F-16 fighters that the Netherlands will provide to Ukraine and called on other Western countries to lift restrictions on the use of weapons they supply to Ukraine.

Despite the Dutch assertion there may still be an issue concerning the use of US made weapons or even weapons that contain components of US origin, such as Harpoon anti-ship missiles or Stinger, man-portable surface-to-air missile system (MANPADS). This could complicate things for Kyiv, if they have to seek additional authorization from Washington before they can engage targets deep inside Russia with weapons donated by the Netherlands.

It is one of the reasons why the UK and France have not given permission to fire Storm Shadow / SCALP EG cruise missiles into Russia as they use elements of US technology covered by Washington’s International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).

In recent months, Kyiv has repeatedly asked Western partners for permission to use the weapons they have provided to attack military facilities and airbases deep within Russia. These requests have increased since May, after Moscow launched its offensive in the Kharkiv region which saw intensified missile and guided bomb attacks on populated areas. Kyiv’s requests took on more urgency after its forces began an offensive in Russia’s Kursk region in early August.

Most European countries supported Ukraine and granted permission, but the US and Germany opposed such strikes, fearing an escalation of the conflict. For example, the White House allowed its missiles to be used only within a 100-kilometer zone near the Ukrainian-Russian border.

However, as reported by Ukrainian media RBC-Ukraine, Defense Express expert Ivan Kyrychevsky noted that American Stryker wheeled armored vehicles, British Challenger 2 tanks, German Wisent 1 armored recovery vehicles based on the Leopard 1, and Polish PT-91 Twardy tanks were already spotted in combat in Russia's Kursk region. Additionally, German Marder infantry fighting vehicles were also seen in one of the videos.

Netherlands Greenlights Kyiv to Hit Russia, Calls for All to Lift Weapon Restrictions 

The debate just resumed after a short break, and the first question, to Trump, was about Ukraine.

"You have said you would solve this war in 24 hours. You said so just before the break tonight. How exactly would you do that? And I want to ask you a very simple question tonight: do you want Ukraine to win this war?" moderator David Muir asked.

The former president's response wasn't exactly a yes:

"I want the war to stop. I want to save lives that are being uselessly. People being killed by the millions. It's the millions. It's so much worse than the numbers that you're getting, which are fake numbers."

Muir pressed: "Just to clarify the question, do you believe it's in the US best interest for Ukraine to win this war?"

"I think it's the US best interest to get this war finished and just get it done, all right, negotiate a deal, because we have to stop all of these human lives from being destroyed," Trump said.

The Guardian

The fucking scumbag can't even say he wants Ukraine to win, it's like he can't even bring himself to mention the name "Ukraine"

Harris, no surprise, strongly defended Washington's support for Ukraine, then again attacked Trump.

"I believe the reason that Donald Trump says that this war would be over within 24 hours is because he would just give it up," the vice-president said. "Through the work that I and others did, we brought 50 countries together to support Ukraine in its righteous defence, and because of our support, because of the air defence, the ammunition, the artillery, the javelins, the Abrams tanks that we have provided, Ukraine stands as an independent and free country."

"If Donald Trump were president, Putin would be sitting in Kyiv right now, and understand what that would mean, because Putin's agenda is not just about Ukraine. Understand why the European allies and our Nato allies are so thankful that you are no longer president, and that we understand the importance of the greatest military alliance the world has ever known, which is NATO, and what we have done to preserve the ability of Zelensky and the Ukrainians to fight for their independence. Otherwise, Putin would be sitting in Kyiv with his eyes on the rest of Europe, starting with Poland."

The Guardian

She is spot on, Trumps idea of ending the war would be giving up, he never says "I will ensure Ukraine wins in 24 hours" but "I will end the war in 24 hours" which we all know means he will cut off all aid to Ukraine and try to force them into a surrender. She is correct, no country in Europe wants Trump as President aside from maybe Hungary.

He also lied again about how much help Ukraine gets from USA and Europe and that USA does way more while Europe profits more from that. The EU+UK+Norway are already at 1.5x the spending of USA now or even like 3x with costs for refugees included and that with USA's economy at 29 trillion while EU+UK+Norway are at like 23 trillion.

USA is at place number 24 of supporting countries considering the GDP and that without costs for refugees or USA would be even more behind others.

USA total spendings until end of June in €: 75 billion

EU constitutions: 39 billion
Germany: 43 billion
Poland: 29 billion
UK: 16 billion
Netherlands: 8 billion

and so on....

and even without costs for refugees (which in my opinion should be counted because it's not easy to handle for many countries) USA is at 75 billion and Europe at 110 billion and still to be allocated USA is at 23 billion while Europe is at 77 billion...

Yes, pure military equipment sent to Ukraine USA is in front but only because USA has so much to give away without even recognizing in their inventory. But it doesn't matter if you send a tank or if you give Ukraine the money to buy a tank if you look at the support every country gives Ukraine. A billion is a billion...

Europe's economy does also suffer much more especially considering the former cheap energy imports from Russia while USA can push their exports to Europe to replace some what came from Russia before so that USA's economy maybe even profits from the war

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 11 September 2024