By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

Belarus placing more and more equipment onto Ukraine's border.

But instead of the West telling Belarus that their involvement would cause an involvement of the West into Belarus which would be fair game and Belarus' own fault, they just watch again until Belarus will bow down to Putin's order. Maybe not now but it all looks a lot like the preperation as Russia's in 2022 before their attack.

And even when Belarus will do it, the West will just write Twitter posts and letters to Lukashenko

crissindahouse said:

But instead of the West telling Belarus that their involvement would cause an involvement of the West into Belarus which would be fair game and Belarus' own fault, they just watch again until Belarus will bow down to Putin's order. Maybe not now but it all looks a lot like the preperation as Russia's in 2022 before their attack.

And even when Belarus will do it, the West will just write Twitter posts and letters to Lukashenko

I think it's just a ruse to divert more Ukranian forces away from the front. If they actually invaded, then NATO would get involved and this would degenerate into ww3. But nobody wants escalation so that seems too unlikely right now. 

crissindahouse said:

It's a distraction, Lukashenko is trying everything he can to help his Lord Putin without actually getting involved in the war, Belarus military is too small and too weak to fight against a NATO equipped Ukraine and Lukashenko is hated in his own country. We saw the recent 2021 Belarusian protests, huge protests, against Lukashenko, which were only dealt with by Lukashenko beating down his own people, once he no longer has the protection of his military because it's dead in Ukraine then he'll be in real trouble.

shavenferret said:
crissindahouse said:

I think it's just a ruse to divert more Ukranian forces away from the front. If they actually invaded, then NATO would get involved and this would degenerate into ww3. But nobody wants escalation so that seems too unlikely right now. 

Doubt it, Poland may want to get involved but America will just tell them no and that will be the end of it.

Thank You Joe Biden and Jake Sullivan for the Continued Protection of Russia to Kill Ukrainian Children.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
crissindahouse said:

It's a distraction, Lukashenko is trying everything he can to help his Lord Putin without actually getting involved in the war, Belarus military is too small and too weak to fight against a NATO equipped Ukraine and Lukashenko is hated in his own country. We saw the recent 2021 Belarusian protests, huge protests, against Lukashenko, which were only dealt with by Lukashenko beating down his own people, once he no longer has the protection of his military because it's dead in Ukraine then he'll be in real trouble.

shavenferret said:

Doubt it, Poland may want to get involved but America will just tell them no and that will be the end of it.

ok....... So you tell Chris that it's a distraction but then I say its a ruse which is arguably the same thing.  Then you said no way jose to that.  This makes my head hurt lol

shavenferret said:
Ryuu96 said:

shavenferret said:

ok....... So you tell Chris that it's a distraction but then I say its a ruse which is arguably the same thing.  Then you said no way jose to that.  This makes my head hurt lol

I'm just saying in a hypothetical, Lol. I do believe this is a distraction and Belarus won't invade but in a hypothetical scenario where they do, I don't think NATO will directly get involved, I think Poland may want to but nobody else will back them up and the Baltics are too small but this is entirely hypothetical, I don't believe it has a chance of happening.

Thanks Joe and Jake.

Best Protectors of Russia.

The situation in Donbas is bad and Putin has shown he doesn't give a fuck about Kursk nor do Russians at large but imaginary redlines? Ukraine will likely lose as long as the West continues to hide behind cowardice and tells Ukraine to fight a war not like a war. But it looks like America doesn't want Russia to lose, you know all it shows is whether Democrat or Republican, turns out Europe can't rely on America either way, both are weak allies, all that American military might backed by cowardice.

Ukraine needs to take the stance it's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission. You know like Israel does, except Israel doesn't even ask for forgiveness. Also, Keir Starmer needs to grow a spine and put UK as a leader of the free world rather than America's dog doing whatever master tells us to. We're closer to Europe than America but master tells us to sit and we sit.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 September 2024

Emboldened by America's weakness, why wouldn't they bomb whatever they like?