By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

BFR said:

It would seem that Putin wants to install loyal leaders instead of somone who can do their job well. But when you are a sick old tyrant that is becoming more unpopular, these cronyism policies start to make sense. 

Around the Network

The first F-16 was lost recently. It is assumed by pilot error.
(That isn't really surprising. If you thought Ukranian pilots can master a complex machine like an F-16 within a few weeks, think again..)

drkohler said:

The first F-16 was lost recently. It is assumed by pilot error.
(That isn't really surprising. If you thought Ukranian pilots can master a complex machine like an F-16 within a few weeks, think again..)

Ok, thanks for the update.  And if this keeps happening thenthey'll have to figure out some changes.  Also, perhaps Ukraine could consider bringing in the Gripen, because it's easier to learn and more flexible in where it can land.  

Last edited by BFR - on 29 August 2024

Russia moves 90% of planes outside of ATACMS range. I'll call this a win. There won't be as many planes close to the front now. Keep pushing, Ukraine.
https://euromaidanpress.com/2024/08/28/wsj-russia-moves-90-of-aircraft-outside-atacms-range/

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Ugh, I hate this, I can't fly around my cruise missiles without some fucking cops knocking on my door asking me if I'm an enemy of the state, I'm like "no officer, I'm a civilian, this is just my civilian cruise missile!" and they're like "oh okay, sorry buddy, enjoy your day" it happens every single time, you'd think they'd be able to tell the difference between a civilian cruise missile and a cruise missile from a foreign country!

One of my best pet peeves as a civilian cruise missile pilot.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 30 August 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Great article from Strategypage, where they write about the sorry state of the Russian military. Topics include things like: demographics ( and Muslims in the military a well as the problems this has created), nonexistent noncommisioned officers, rates of suicides/achohopism in military, lack of needed recruits, Russian public opinion turning against the military, etc etc. Very good read.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htlead/articles/202408290350.aspx#gsc.tab=0

The Chinese have stopped exporting drones and components to Ukraine, i guess in an attempt to force Ukraine to negotiate. And I think that Ukraine had a heads up on this, so they have been limiting the amount of drone strikes against equipment, because while there are 1200 orc casualties every day, the equipment losses are a lot lower lately. While it lasted, being able to source these from one central and cheap place was quite nice. If Ukraine can make use of 2nd or 3rd parties or even just buy en mass from India, that could solve many problems.

"The OPUBAS commander provides a list of goods and components that will be restricted. It is taken from a message from one of the Chinese carriers.

Carbon frame for quadcopter
Carbon beam for a quadcopter
Quadcopter
Motor for a quadcopter
A set of components for a quadcopter
A set of frames for quadcopters
Navigation camera for a quadcopter
Flight controller for a quadcopter
Landing gear for quadcopter
Propeller for a quadcopter
Frame for a quadcopter
Signal amplifier for the remote control of a quadcopter
Digital data transmission system for a quadcopter
Digital radio communication detector
Radio system
Radio station
Portable radio
Video transmission system via radio channel
RAB systems"

https://itc.ua/en/news/the-ban-on-chinese-drones-from-september-1-will-cause-a-shortage-in-the-armed-forces-magyar/

Article on Putin and his health mentions multiple fake little guys that look just like Putin, track marks on his hands from IV's, and how many think he has cancer or parkinson's (because of the tremors).

https://au.news.yahoo.com/putin-body-double-incredible-claim-ukraine-spy-034332755.html