By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Hungary is simplifying immigration for Russians, and is upsetting other EU nations, as it allows spies to come in easily

https://x.com/blyskavka_ua/status/1818269916820091348

Around the Network
shavenferret said:

Hungary is simplifying immigration for Russians, and is upsetting other EU nations, as it allows spies to come in easily

Wish UK was still in EU and we instead fucking kicked Hungary out.

EU will still do nothing against Hungary, it's becoming a joke.

Either Hungary needs to be kicked out or EU needs massive reform.

Ryuu96 said:
shavenferret said:

Wish UK was still in EU and we instead fucking kicked Hungary out.

EU will still do nothing against Hungary, it's becoming a joke.

Either Hungary needs to be kicked out or EU needs massive reform.

I think that with Poland showing some leadership with this, that the issue will be worked out and Hungary will ultimately cave in before being kicked out.  But yeah, I definitely agree that they should get tough on these nations who actively oppose the EU platform/goals.  

Finally !!!

Around the Network
BFR said:

Finally !!!

thank God.  I hope to hear that they are flying soon, and hope that Ukraine can keep them safe so that things start turning around.

Perun made a new video about the amount of armored vehicles - but of Ukraine this time for a change:

Basically Tanks and IFVs are stable compared to pre-invasion while APCs are up due to the massive influx of the super-cheap M113 (about as expensive as a big luxury SUV).

That sounds good at first glance... until you consider that the Ukrainian Army has grown quite a lot since then, and as such stable is pretty much a synonym for shortage, though that also means that the shortage ain't getting worse for now.

Interesting is also the composition of the material, going from a post-soviet army at the beginning of the conflict to an increasingly NATO-standard army, with basically only the homegrown equipment (T-64, BTR-4...) still being new and on WP munitions standard.

Speaking of homegrown equipment, that's also the elephant in the room for this video, as Perun doesn't acknowledge of any domestic production numbers in the video, just repairing damaged and captured vehicles. as such, it feels like the situation could be somewhat better than portrayed as newly produced vehicles are not taken into account.

It won't drastically change the battlefield, too few, too limited but damn it's a beautiful sight to finally see a F-16 above Ukrainian skies. I remember a few years back an ex-American pilot was saying he would volunteer as an F16 pilot for Ukraine, I wonder if Ukraine is allowed to do that, if possible they should be trying to recruit retired-F16 pilots.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 July 2024

Another red-line broken.

Yes, at this stage of the conflict, the arrival of the first F-16s is more of a morale boost, but what a nice morale boost it is.