By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Spoiler!

Around the Network
Spoiler!

Yeaaahhhh Orban, Ukraine 🇺🇦 will eventually be in Nato. That day may come after the Russians have been expelled but it will happen within 5 years at the latest.

Wagner mercs got fucked up by Mali rebels, there's a few videos on Twitter, looks like a good ~20 dead orcs and a few pieces of heavy equipment destroyed including a helicopter. Nice to see Putin's scum being fucked up in other areas of the world.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 July 2024

In Africa, a Russian group of Wagner PMC mercenaries was defeated while attempting to capture the city of Tinzawatene in Mali. Malian rebels claim they killed dozens of Wagner fighters. A downed military helicopter is visible in the photos.

Malian rebels showcased captured Chinese-made Norinco VP11 MRAPs following recent battles with Wagner mercenaries and the Malian Armed Forces.

That Wagner PMC group took a big beating.

4th video in the 1st tweet is littered with dead bodies.

Apparently even Al-Qaeda got involved and hunted down those that escaped.

What a fucking slaughter, it looks like they were just fucking ambushed in a single spot.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 July 2024

Around the Network

Well, i'll be damned. Trump's overall plan of aiding Ukraine doesn't sound like he's favoring the Russians at all. Of course, we'll have to see what really happens before we judge this too much either way.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pompeo-outlines-bold-ukraine-plan-amid-kremlin-backlash/ar-BB1qJTJw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ENTPSP&cvid=fac8a3ce2dca46ccad1e3814b74a1c54&ei=29

shavenferret said:

Well, i'll be damned. Trump's overall plan of aiding Ukraine doesn't sound like he's favoring the Russians at all. Of course, we'll have to see what really happens before we judge this too much either way.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pompeo-outlines-bold-ukraine-plan-amid-kremlin-backlash/ar-BB1qJTJw?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=ENTPSP&cvid=fac8a3ce2dca46ccad1e3814b74a1c54&ei=29

This is according to Mike Pompeo who is just theorising, meanwhile Orban has straight up said that Trump told him he won't give a single penny to Ukraine and that's how he will end the war and Orban has zero reason to lie.

He thinks Trump cares for NATO...Meanwhile Trump talks shit about NATO at every single opportunity he gets. He thinks Trump can't abandon allies because it would look bad, where was he during Trump's term when Donald Trump straight up abandoned the Kurds? The war doesn't end by simply lifting the restrictions on Ukraine either, the war will still go on for years, Trump won't like that, the fastest way to end the war (which is what Trump wants) would be to stop supporting Ukraine because they'd lose and have to be forced into capitulation.

Pompeo is delusional and ignoring everything Trump has said over the past years and even done during his presidency.

Pompeo thinks America should Lend-Lease to Ukraine...Aka straddle Ukraine with hundreds of billions in debt that they would never be able to repay, Lend-Lease was already approved by Biden but it was never used because it was the last resort option, it should never be used if the current method of sending Ukraine weapons is available, Ukraine is not UK...Course if there was no other option I'd go with Lend-Lease but it's not something I want if we can avoid it and we can, for now.

Ryuu96 said:
shavenferret said:

This is according to Mike Pompeo who is just theorising, meanwhile Orban has straight up said that Trump told him he won't give a single penny to Ukraine and that's how he will end the war and Orban has zero reason to lie.

He thinks Trump cares for NATO...Meanwhile Trump talks shit about NATO at every single opportunity he gets. He thinks Trump can't abandon allies because it would look bad, where was he during Trump's term when Donald Trump straight up abandoned the Kurds? The war doesn't end by simply lifting the restrictions on Ukraine either, the war will still go on for years, Trump won't like that, the fastest way to end the war (which is what Trump wants) would be to stop supporting Ukraine because they'd lose and have to be forced into capitulation.

Pompeo is delusional and ignoring everything Trump has said over the past years and even done during his presidency.

Pompeo thinks America should Lend-Lease to Ukraine...Aka straddle Ukraine with hundreds of billions in debt that they would never be able to repay, Lend-Lease was already approved by Biden but it was never used because it was the last resort option, it should never be used if the current method of sending Ukraine weapons is available, Ukraine is not UK...Course if there was no other option I'd go with Lend-Lease but it's not something I want if we can avoid it and we can, for now.

hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for commenting.

shavenferret said:
Ryuu96 said:

hmmm, interesting.  Thanks for commenting.

I hate Orban but I trust him here more than Pompeo because like...why would he lie? Lol. Orban is friends with Trump, he is friends with Putin, he dislikes Ukraine. He has no reason to spread a lie like this which could be potentially damaging to Trump.

Remember Trump hates Ukraine on a personal level too because they didn't help him get dirt on the Bidens and his attempts to blackmail them led to his impeachment. He withheld military aid to Ukraine during this time, did Pompeo forget about that? Personally, I go on Trump's own words and actions than Pompeo's speculation and there's not a single thing Trump has said or done that leads me to believe he will support Ukraine. Multiple times in his rallies he has shit talked Ukraine too, about how Zelenskyy is personally collecting billions from America, his fanbase has been turned against Ukraine precisely because of his words. He has chosen a VP who has said multiple times he wants to stop Ukraine aid too.

Similar the what Ryuu has said, if that really is Trump’s plan it sounds sensible, but it doesn’t track what Trump past comments on Ukraine.

Also, is Pompeo is associated with Trump’s team?