By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

After the Russian strike on the Okhmatdyt children’s hospital in Kyiv on 8 July, a Russian military pilot got in touch with Ukraine’s Defence Intelligence in order to share classified data which helped Ukraine identify more than 30 commanders of a Russian heavy bomber division.

A pilot from Russia’s 22nd Heavy Bomber Aviation Division (military unit no. 06987 based at the Engels airfield), which is responsible for many of the Kh-101 missile attacks on Ukrainian cities, wrote to the DIU chatbot.

The Russian pilot said he was shocked by the strike on the children’s hospital and has decided to share documents pertaining to his military unit’s activities, as well as private photos of commanders of the 22nd Heavy Bomber Division, with Ukraine.

The documents include senior officers’ personnel files and personal data concerning Russian servicemen and their families, among others.

The division’s official documents are among the most valuable ones obtained by the defence intelligence.

Ukrainska Pravda

Around the Network

I think this whole NATO and Ukraine discussion is so stupid.. Many politicians in NATO countries (and especially those MAGA guys) say Ukraine can't be in NATO because it's a sign of aggression to Russia and also say NATO countries shouldn't help Ukraine now because...they aren't in NATO so that they don't deserve to get the help NATO countries would get. Like "you can't be in NATO but it's your fault that you aren't in NATO if you need help"

So...Fucking...Tired...

America + Western Europe: Omg but escalation, we can't make poor old Russia upset.

Russia: Sabotages military facilities across Europe, tries to (and sometimes successfully) assassinates people on European soil including people linked to vital European military facilities, tries to interfere with our elections, bribe our politicians, cause division amongst Europe, repeatedly threatens the Baltic/Nordic/Eastern European countries, GPS jams the aeroplanes of NATO countries.

What else am I forgetting?

Lets be blunt, are we in a conventional war with Russia? No, but Russia is clearly inflicting a hybrid war onto Europe and we sit back and do NOTHING as Russia repeatedly tries to cause damage and chaos to European countries under the NATO blanket, all we do is piss ourselves and scream about "escalation" making ourselves look weak as Russia continues to push and push.

Why wouldn't they? If I was Putin and I saw the pathetic reaction of the West I would try to assassinate every single CEO of every single European and American military company. Todays politicians are cowards, they've lived too long under "peace" and do not understand that evil isn't stopped through being as gentle as possible, the thought of actually standing up to dictators seems to terrify them.

Russia: Just a prank bro, we tried to kill him but haha you stopped us, our bad!

America & Germany: No harm done bro, we know you tried to kill him but we stopped it so it's all good!

Is Rheinmetall not Germany's biggest arms manufacturer for their military and one of the biggest in Europe? At minimum every single Russian politician, ambassador, diplomat etc, should be chucked out of Europe. The fact that it didn't result in any response at all, is fucking embarrassing, not even lifting the restrictions on Ukraine, I'm actually gobsmacked.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 11 July 2024

Well. Hopefully the CEO takes it personally and massively ramps up Ukraine aid.

Rheinmetall has been a strong supporter of Ukraine already.

Around the Network

He should never visit his new factory in Hungary, that's for sure. Orban will tell Putin already a week before at which window the CEO will stand at 11am.

Ryuu96 said:

Ryuu96 said:

Just an extra thought, the US informed Germany of this plot, allowing Germany to save him.

If America didn't share their intel with Germany, a good chance he would be dead.

Not only would it be devastating for Ukraine to cut back on intel sharing, we can see how else it benefits Putin right here.

Tonight at his rally, Trump:

—Said he told NATO allies he wouldn’t defend them against Russia
—Praised Hannibal Lecter, a fictional cannibal
—Promised to appoint a Project 2025 leader to his administration
—Promised to round up immigrants into mass detention camps
—Said he didn’t know what NATO was when he was president
—Praised the Supreme Court for giving him criminal immunity
—Promised to pardon January 6 insurrectionists
—Praised a self-described white nationalist
—Played QAnon music

This all deserves more media coverage.

It's Germany's biggest arms manufacturer and the 6th largest in Europe. Can't say I've noticed this increase in support aside from the usual, largely defensive aid and already pre-planned equipment, I've not noticed anything of a response equal to Russia trying to assassinate the CEO of Rheinmetall and trying to scare a huge Europe military company into not supporting Ukraine.

Still have that stupid long-range missile restriction, still no Taurus being sent and even if the long-range missile restriction was removed, it was months after this event so it wouldn't have been related, the point is it looks like they didn't react to it at all, now it's too late to talk big, you've just given the greenlit for Russia to do it again.