By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Just pass the already fucking approved Senate bill you vile human being.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 March 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

It shouldn't be just the profits on the frozen assets, it should be the entire lot of the frozen assets but also shut up Malta, Luxembourg and Hungary. Will we just hold onto the frozen assets of a country that wants us dead and destroyed, for how long exactly...? Just give it to Ukraine or take it for ourselves to fund our supplies to Ukraine, Russia is our enemy. 

Are we just going to give it back to them after they pull out and say "my bad bro, it was just a prank"

And that's why I'm not fond about the government change in Luxembourg. Bettel would have accepted it, but Frieden, a former finance Minister under Juncker, isn't so keen on using those assets on the grounds of banking secrecy.

At least we sent 6000 155mm shells lately. Which considering the size of our country and the fact that we don't have any artillery (modern artillery ranges are enough to shoot right over the country), isn't all that bad. But for Ukraine, that won't last them a week, sadly:

RTL - Verdeedegungsministère mellt: 6.000 Schoss Artillerie-Munitioun un d'Ukrain geliwwert

RTL Today - Ministry of Defence: Luxembourg delivers 6,000 artillery shells to Ukraine

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 14 March 2024

If Biden is forced to make Ukraine aid a loan then I hope at least he has the power to set the terms and just to be spiteful against Republicans, I hope he makes it the most generous loan ever given by America.

But I hope Republican Senators grow a spine and just tell Mike Johnson to piss off and pass their bill instead.

I have doubts that Johnson's bill would have the votes required to pass both Senate and House anyway.

Time to send Ukraine more Storm Shadow's to blow up another Russian ship

Happy Putin Election Week.

Around the Network

For anyone who thinks it could develop into something further, unlikely, like their last incursion it'll likely just be a temporary disturbance, they have to do these things independent of Ukraine's armed forces and certain weaponry isn't allowed on Russian soil so there's only so far they can go.

Wonder if Johnson is just trying to stall after seeing the discharge petition reach 177 signatures so far, basically a "don't sign it Republicans, I have a bill coming, don't worry!"