By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Latest Kings and Generals video about the war in Ukraine (February 1st-29th):

Fall of Avdiivka - Russian Invasion of Ukraine DOCUMENTARY (youtube.com)

Europe is really stepping up the aid shipments now; if this continues to increase then Russia will not be able keep up it's own production with the one from Europe - and that's without counting anything that may come from the US, other parts of the world or what is produced domestically in Ukraine.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 12 March 2024

Around the Network

It's a long shot and a risky move as it may cause Republicans to close ranks, I believe it needs ~5 Republicans to side against Johnson but there's also the possibility some House Dems vote against it due to the Israel aid portion, if they do then it'll need more than 5 Republicans to side against Johnson, even though an aid bill would pass if Johnson let it be put to a vote, this is different and will be a major embarrassment for Johnson if it ultimately leads to aid being voted on as it's basically going around Johnson and forcing a vote, hence why a lot of Republicans might vote against it.

It has 86 signatures so far but I don't believe there's a timeframe on when signatures have to be made.

Office of the Clerk, U.S. House of Representatives - Discharge Petition Details - 9

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 March 2024

GOP Rep. Ken Buck to leave Congress at end of next week | CNN Politics

Sign the discharge petition before you leave then piss off, Lol. There's then 218 Republicans, now we will find out if any of them have any shred of morality or if licking the boot of their boss is the only thing they believe in, if Johnson's image is more important than Ukrainian lives. We only probably need 1 GOP to break ranks to encourage others, I wonder if we'll even get that.

I hope the Dems against Israel aid sign the petition, they can then vote against the bill when it comes to the floor, by that stage it would almost certainly pass anyway even without their votes, not to mention, signing the discharge petition isn't a vote to approve aid but it would be a major embarrassment for Johnson if it succeeds and that's just smart politics.

Around the Network

124: Office of the Clerk, U.S. House of Representatives - Discharge Petition Details - 9

I don't know if a Republican has signed yet, I can't be bothered to individually Google each one, Lol.

Handy list which shows that yeah, not a single Republican has signed it yet.

142, still not a single Republican apparently.

165 - All Dems.