By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Now, I'm not sure if this A-50 was a Patriot, I'm pretty sure the jets prior were, Russia tends to say "it was an accident" because they find that less embarrassing than admitting Ukraine did it but I really hope it was the result of another Patriot.

Hmm...Patriot doesn't have the range. Unless it was hit before entering Krasnodar. Ukraine is claiming it's their kill. Fighterbomb (Russia) doesn't know. Russia is claiming friendly fire, Lol. In the end who done it doesn't really matter, it's out the sky

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 February 2024

Around the Network

Lmao.

Ryuu96 said:

You know if Navalny's death does prompt stronger action then great but at the same time it would be so utterly ridiculous on the West's part that the death of a single man would push them and not the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians or the attempted takeover of an entire country, I get the anger over Putin killing him but it's so stupid and frustrating if this causes them to get off their ass and not the 1,000 other reasons.

Yet another example of the West being reactive instead of proactive.

Actually it makes perfect sense from the West perspective, as they are delusional and thought it Putin lost the to Navalny he would probably end the war. 

They went for the soft approach, i.e. not get their hands dirty . Now that Putin is eliminating every opponent, they starting to realise there is no other way then fight.

Cobretti2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

You know if Navalny's death does prompt stronger action then great but at the same time it would be so utterly ridiculous on the West's part that the death of a single man would push them and not the deaths of hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians or the attempted takeover of an entire country, I get the anger over Putin killing him but it's so stupid and frustrating if this causes them to get off their ass and not the 1,000 other reasons.

Yet another example of the West being reactive instead of proactive.

Actually it makes perfect sense from the West perspective, as they are delusional and thought it Putin lost the to Navalny he would probably end the war. 

They went for the soft approach, i.e. not get their hands dirty . Now that Putin is eliminating every opponent, they starting to realise there is no other way then fight.

The issue is, Navalny was already in prison, Lol.

It's like they went "Okay Russia, it's fine for you to lock up your political rivals, it's fine to send them to a gulag for the rest of their lives, but don't you dare kill the man whose life is already over!" I mean no disrespect but the moment Navalny was locked up, his life was over, he was never getting out. He was basically a dead man walking, it was going to happen at some point, whether Russia killed him directly or slowly let him rot in prison.

This anger should have been when he was locked up, not when he was killed.

Ryuu96 said:
Cobretti2 said:

The issue is, Navalny was already in prison, Lol.

It's like they went "Okay Russia, it's fine for you to lock up your political rivals, it's fine to send them to a gulag for the rest of their lives, but don't you dare kill the man whose life is already over!" I mean no disrespect but the moment Navalny was locked up, his life was over, he was never getting out. He was basically a dead man walking, it was going to happen at some point, whether Russia killed him directly or slowly let him rot in prison.

This anger should have been when he was locked up, not when he was killed.

Oh I don't disagree with you. I just think the West in general was hoping for political change to fix the problem no matter how illogical the situation was instead of say this war is wrong we cracking down on it ourselves.

Around the Network

French President Emmanuel Macron addressed a security conference in the Slovak capital Bratislava less than a year ago with an apology to Eastern Europe: “We did not always hear the voices you brought,” he said. “That time is over.”

Yet a row over how to replenish Ukraine’s critically low stocks of artillery shells — and where those supplies should be procured — is turning into a deeper rift in Europe, with east blaming west for failing to listen.

The mood in diplomatic circles is that should Russia ultimately win its war in Ukraine, Western Europe will not be forgiven and the whole European integration project since the fall of the Berlin Wall could be jeopardized as that rift becomes an indelible scar.

Governments in the west don’t understand that many in the east would never trust them again, one top European official said, declining to be identified when discussing politics and security.

Frustration among Eastern European leaders is growing because the west doesn’t seem to get the urgency, another official said. In one example, France — along with Greece and Cyprus — has argued against using EU funds to buy from NATO ally Turkey, according to several officials familiar with the matter, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

War in Ukraine: Europe’s East Is Losing Faith in West Over Arms - Bloomberg

Ukraine is definitely stronger now than it was two years ago. Today, we signed another security agreement, which strengthens the position of our people, particularly our soldiers. This is a strong and timely decision that will significantly strengthen our resilience.

Prime Minister Trudeau and I signed a security cooperation agreement between Ukraine and Canada, which allocates over CAD 3 billion in macro-financial and defence assistance in 2024. I am grateful to Justin Trudeau and all Canadians. You have stood with Ukraine from the first days of the full-scale war. It is very valuable to us.

Our meetings with Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni are always meaningful. Today we have an important result. We signed a bilateral security cooperation agreement between Ukraine and Italy. This document establishes a solid foundation for our countries' long-term security partnership.

We also discussed further support for Ukraine in the context of Italy’s G7 Presidency. I am grateful to Italy for its support of Ukraine and our defense capabilities, as well as recovery efforts and approval of military aid until the end of 2024.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 February 2024