By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

The interview did NOT go the way I expected it to from the small parts I've read and heard, in fact, it looks more like an embarrassment for Tucker, Putin legit rambled on about "history" for over 30 minutes with Tucker barely asking any questions, ain't even his far right moron fanbase going to sit and listen to that bore, Lol.

Bonus points for Putin fucking mocking him to his face.

What can you expect though, Tucker isn't a journalist, he literally sat there just to be a soundboard for Putin, Lol.

Republicans: I Did This

Ukraine needs America now.

Germany's Scholz heads to Washington, seeking a clear signal to Putin on aid for Ukraine | AP News

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 February 2024

I feel compelled to make one last post after watching the full interview.
I was impressed by how Tucker conducted the interview, giving Putin push back during some questions. He pretty much called Putin a hypocrite, for claiming to be Christian as he is killing people. I also liked how at the end Tucker attempted to negotiate with Putin to free another American journalist.

I didn't like Putin's responses. I've seen people keep praising him for being able to recite history for half an hour, but he conveniently couldn't recollect the dates of his meetings with other world leaders (said to 'look it up online'). Also, he is a hypocrite. You cannot reconcile following Christ with what he is doing, no matter how you slice it.

I feel for all the innocent civilians who are caught up in this. It seems like a deliberate failure of leadership on all sides, with malicious intent.
I pray for peace.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:

I feel for all the innocent civilians who are caught up in this. It seems like a deliberate failure of leadership on all sides, with malicious intent.
I pray for peace.

Lol, No. But okay.

FarleyMcFirefly said:

It seems like a deliberate failure of leadership on all sides, with malicious intent.
I pray for peace.

Sorry, I get so exasperated ready stances like this all the time. So one country decides another shouldn't exist as it used to be part of itself, invades unprovoked and commits numerous massacres and atrocities and somehow its a 'failure of leadership on all sides'?

No, it the crass, power-hungry attitude of one leadership who decides he should subjugate that the other country despite that having no interest in leaving under his country's thumb.

And peace in what sense? As I see a lot of people push for this notion but it often is really just a veil for 'I don't care about that place so I wanna stop having to send money there'. I doubt a 'peace' where Ukraine is absorbed into Russia or at best operates as Russia's vassal state is a 'peace' that is desirable to Ukrainians.

A true peace would be where Russia is turned back and Ukrainians can exist without the fear of Russia attacking again in the future.