By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

“The Congress needs to investigate what’s happened here and whether we have adequate tools to make sure foreign policy is conducted by the government and not by one billionaire,” the Massachusetts Democrat said Monday at the Capitol.

Warren, a member of the Armed Services Committee, said she also wants the Defense Department to look into its contractual relationship with the company.

Armed Services Chairman Jack Reed, a Rhode Island Democrat, also said he was concerned about the issue, given that governments traditionally have controlled satellites and presidents decided what to do with them.

Elon Musk, SpaceX Probes Demanded by Elizabeth Warren After Ukraine Revelations - Bloomberg

To the dismay of Pentagon officials, Musk volunteered that he had spoken with Putin personally. Another individual told me that Musk had made the same assertion in the weeks before he tweeted his pro-Russia peace plan, and had said that his consultations with the Kremlin were regular.

On the phone, Musk said that he was looking at his laptop and could see “the entire war unfolding” through a map of Starlink activity. “This was, like, three minutes before he said, ‘Well, I had this great conversation with Putin,’ ” the senior defense official told me. “And we were, like, ‘Oh, dear, this is not good.’ ”

Elon Musk’s Shadow Rule | The New Yorker

Denmark will donate a package worth 5.8bn Danish crowns (an estimated $833m) to Ukraine, including tanks, infantry fighting vehicles, tank ammunition and anti-aircraft guns, the ministry of defence said. The full amount is to be distributed over three rounds – 4.3bn this year, 1.4bn in 2024 and 52 million in 2025, the ministry said.

The Guardian

Around the Network

Elon crying.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 12 September 2023

Fucking Fantastic News!

Motherfucking Storm Shadow! 💪💪💪

Coincidentally, Starlink went down at the same time of the attack, Lol. Musk couldn't save the drydock from being damaged, the Submarine being damaged, or the Ropucha ship from being destroyed though! Man must be crying under his desk RN and waiting for the nuclear war his best friend Putin told him would come.

Praying that Submarine is damaged beyond repair.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 September 2023

Around the Network

Submarine ain't looking good!

That drydock is fucked too.

It looks like more than fire damage on the sub to me, looks like it was hit directly.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 September 2023