By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

Norway had 74 F-16 overall of whom all which are left are retired already. 32 are sold to Romania. I wonder how many they have left to give to Ukraine but man, the Scandinavian and Baltic countries are awesome if it comes to the support for Ukraine. Sure, especially the Baltic countries don't have much but considering their GDP and how close they are to Russia they do a lot as well. 

NSFW: Clear View of Russians Being Killed

Jesus. This is one of the most brutal trench warfare videos I've seen during the war, it was a complete methodical killing of all the Russians and a real look at a combined arms offensive maneuver. Don't watch if you have a weak stomach. These guys really show how important good training is.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 August 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Jesus. This is one of the most brutal videos I've seen during the war, it was a complete methodical killing of all the Russians and a real look at a combined arms offensive maneuver.

It also shows how drones entirely change the battlefield tactics. It is no longer air superiority, it is drone superiority that decides the winner.

Here, the Ukranians can just hover from pit to pit and drop their bombs. The Russians seem to be completely at a loss on what to do. Maybe battlefield noise completely covers the drone noises as noone even looks into the sky to see what is hovering above them.

Around the Network

FMD was wondering why there was 50 new replies to this post.

Agree Prigozhin is an idiot, can't believe he would even go to Russia and more so on a Plane lol. How many "accidental" plane crashes have happened in Russia should be an indicator. At least three that I read about one during WW2 from some negotiation trip, then 2 others over the years, then throw in that Malaysian one that got shot down (couldn't really classify that as accident)

I did read an article in the news this morning that sources say it was probably a bomb hidden in a pallet of wine on the plane. Probably more accurate as I can't see Russian defences being able to hit a moving target.

drkohler said:
Ryuu96 said:

Jesus. This is one of the most brutal videos I've seen during the war, it was a complete methodical killing of all the Russians and a real look at a combined arms offensive maneuver.

It also shows how drones entirely change the battlefield tactics. It is no longer air superiority, it is drone superiority that decides the winner.

Here, the Ukranians can just hover from pit to pit and drop their bombs. The Russians seem to be completely at a loss on what to do. Maybe battlefield noise completely covers the drone noises as noone even looks into the sky to see what is hovering above them.

It almost make trenches feel like they are redundant, however without them you get sprayed with bullets, but even in the trench they seem to move so slow when some of the pipe bombs took a while to blow up. Damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Cobretti2 said:

FMD was wondering why there was 50 new replies to this post.

Agree Prigozhin is an idiot, can't believe he would even go to Russia and more so on a Plane lol. How many "accidental" plane crashes have happened in Russia should be an indicator. At least three that I read about one during WW2 from some negotiation trip, then 2 others over the years, then throw in that Malaysian one that got shot down (couldn't really classify that as accident)

I did read an article in the news this morning that sources say it was probably a bomb hidden in a pallet of wine on the plane. Probably more accurate as I can't see Russian defences being able to hit a moving target.

Can't let the S-300 get a single win can you? Smh.

Jk Jk

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 24 August 2023

Cobretti2 said:
drkohler said:

It almost make trenches feel like they are redundant, however without them you get sprayed with bullets, but even in the trench they seem to move so slow when some of the pipe bombs took a while to blow up. Damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario.

Russians are still in WW1 design stage. Make a zigzag trench and you're done, leaving open trenches without cover. In the 70s in the military I learned that good trenches have a "massive roof structure" withstanding even a direct hit from tanks (no drones in the 70s...). If you have the time and the trees to build it.  Russians are slow learners it seems. Even a tilted, strong wire mesh could have avoided that grenades can be dumped right into their trenches.

drkohler said:
Cobretti2 said:

Russians are still in WW1 design stage. Make a zigzag trench and you're done, leaving open trenches without cover. In the 70s in the military I learned that good trenches have a "massive roof structure" withstanding even a direct hit from tanks (no drones in the 70s...). If you have the time and the trees to build it.  Russians are slow learners it seems. Even a tilted, strong wire mesh could have avoided that grenades can be dumped right into their trenches.

Well I was gonna say go all Vietnam mode. Dig tunnels underground then pop out somewhere out of hatches when hidden cameras detect soldiers  that walked past your position and ambush