By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

Wagner Group Leader Says That He Is In Africa: | Ukrainska Pravda

Someone geolocate this fucker and drop a missile on him.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Wagner Group Leader Says That He Is In Africa: | Ukrainska Pravda

Someone geolocate this fucker and drop a missile on him.

Man geolocated himself for Russia too. 💀

haxxiy said:

What a strange way of getting rid of Prigozhin if that was indeed the case, why not arresting him followed by a sham trial and execution? There was definitely a legal case to do so.

Instead, Putin acts like he's some Chinese warlord in the 30s. And if this was done by someone else high up it just shows his weakness.

Next year are elections in Russia. Putin pretty thoroughly made it clear that "Anyone who is not behind me is dead". If they can't hide the fact for the Russians that their own air defence deliberatly shot down the plane, some measly field commander is going to drink tea/pass by a window soon.

haxxiy said:

What a strange way of getting rid of Prigozhin if that was indeed the case, why not arresting him followed by a sham trial and execution? There was definitely a legal case to do so.

Instead, Putin acts like he's some Chinese warlord in the 30s. And if this was done by someone else high up it just shows his weakness.

Eye for an eye. Possibly some kind of payback for what Prigozhin and his cronies did to Gerasimovs pilots.

I am with Ryuu on this case. This clown could have gone out guns blazing, dying a martyrdom for his followers but instead he chose to die like the mangy dog he actually was. Well, suits his legacy way better than option A.

Around the Network

Ain't going to do shit.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 August 2023

drkohler said:

haxxiy said:

Next year are elections in Russia. Putin pretty thoroughly made it clear that "Anyone who is not behind me is dead". If they can't hide the fact for the Russians that their own air defence deliberatly shot down the plane, some measly field commander is going to drink tea/pass by a window soon.

I don't know. If he wanted a display of strength he should have done it when Prigozhin was, you know, openly rebelling and marching to Moscow.

Remember how Biden was criticized for shooting down that Chinese balloon only and just only after it flew over the entire country? Now imagine if said balloon was doing something harmful enough to US interests to the point it made the president leave Washington.

That's basically what happened to Putin. To the point he felt innocuous enough that this idiot (who basically tried to coup the government or at least the military!) was flying around in his private jet around Moscow.

Not a good look, IMO.

haxxiy said:
drkohler said:

I don't know. If he wanted a display of strength he should have done it when Prigozhin was, you know, openly rebelling and marching to Moscow.

Yes but this was a once in a million chance to take out not only Prigozhin but also most of his cronies. They knew who was on the planes and took out the first plane. Why the second plane could turn and land in Moscow we'll probably never know.

The whole thing looks like a Shoigu (who always was the main target of Prigozhin) operation ordered by Putin. So a simple Shoigu order to a hapless field commander (poor guy likely doesn't know yet that he is also dead) sealed it.

drkohler said:
haxxiy said:

Yes but this was a once in a million chance to take out not only Prigozhin but also most of his cronies. They knew who was on the planes and took out the first plane. Why the second plane could turn and land in Moscow we'll probably never know.

The whole thing looks like a Shoigu (who always was the main target of Prigozhin) operation ordered by Putin. So a simple Shoigu order to a hapless field commander (poor guy likely doesn't know yet that he is also dead) sealed it.

That'd be contingent on how often or not these people banded together and how well their locations were known. Hard to believe the Russian state apparatus couldn't do one better.

In the end, I suppose we should remember that Putin, like other power-hungry dictators, always orders insane and poorly thought-out operations, so it's likely this is just another of his not-quite-subtle blunders.

Forgot that Surovikin, Butcher of Syria, was shit-canned too for his role in the coup.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's dead too.