By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

Rheinmetall Will Hand Over Cutting-Edge UAV to Ukraine By End of Year | Ukrainska Pravda

As a result of a recent failed attack, the Russian army was deprived of three state-of-the-art T-90M "Breakthrough" tanks and one MT-LB, which they dropped in the area of ​​Andriyivka, Donetsk region.

Around the Network

Germany’s finance minister has thrown his weight behind Kyiv’s calls for Berlin to supply cruise missiles, increasing the pressure on chancellor Olaf Scholz to deliver weapons needed to bolster Ukraine’s faltering counter-offensive against Russia.

Christian Lindner, who as leader of the liberal (FDP) is one of the most senior members of Scholz’s three-way ruling coalition, used a surprise visit to the Ukrainian capital on Monday to express “sympathy” for the idea of delivering Taurus missiles to the country’s armed forces.

Lindner said Germany would discuss with its allies what was needed and what was possible. “Since I know that many have sympathy for such support, as I do myself, I hope that these questions will be clarified soon, very soon,” he told a press conference in the Ukrainian capital.

German Minister Backs Sending Taurus Cruise Missiles to Ukraine | Financial Times

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 August 2023

Finish them T-90Ms off with a nice drone & bomb, hopefully.

Good to see Russia also losing more of their best equipment so that all the Leo2 and Bradley losses don't hurt that much. Would be still nice to get some new big round of donations from Ukraine's supporting countries. Really not much happening the last months not only on the frontline but also equipment wise. They get more mine clearing systems now but some countries seem to do nothing anymore and those who do also do much less.

And if a country announces some weapon deliveries it still takes months until they donate it and Ukraine's soldiers learn to use it.