By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

Lmfao!!! Russia is fucking embarrassing.

Putin Courts Africa At Summit, But Many African Leaders Stay Away - The Washington Post

Only 16 African heads of state will attend — fewer than half of the 43 who came to the first Russia-Africa summit in 2019, according to presidential aide Yury Ushakov, a striking disappointment for the Kremlin despite a flurry of diplomatic efforts in Africa and a sign of dismay in African nations about a war that has raised food and fuel prices, hurting vulnerable populations. An additional 10 African states are sending prime ministers, Ushakov said.

African leaders are well accustomed to foreign leaders promising big and failing to deliver. But statistics tell an especially stark story of broken Russian promises. At the African summit in 2019, Putin promised to more than double trade with Africa to nearly $40 billion, from about $16.8 billion, within five years. By 2021, it had reached only $17.7 billion, according to the state-run Tass news agency, citing Russian customs data, mainly Russian exports of arms and grain. It is a puny sum compared with $295 billion for the European Union, $254 billion for China and $83.7 billion for the United States.

Those figures underscore African nations' economic interests, but Russia's humanitarian contribution to Africa is even more dismal, despite the food security emergency. Russia has donated less than $6.5 million to the U.N. World Food Program this year, according to the agency's figures — less than Honduras ($42 million), South Sudan ($15 million) or Guinea Bissau ($6.9 million), three of the world's poorest, most fragile nations.

Kremlin Blames West For Small Number of Leaders Due at Russia-Africa Summit | Russia | The Guardian

This shit better be psyops and not some Western officials blabbed without clearance and now they're trying to walk back on it.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 July 2023

Ryuu96 said:

Lmfao!!! Russia is fucking embarrassing.

To be fair, the North Korean military is undoubtedly top quality... by russian standards.

Ryuu96 said:

To be clear, it is very unlikely Shoigu actually said that - he's not going to rank NK's military above Russia's.

The line is likely an invention of NK's own for their bluster and propaganda purposes.

Around the Network

There are things my brain wouldn't even be able to let me dream about. The story about Prigozhin is definitely one of them.

crissindahouse said:

There are things my brain wouldn't even be able to let me dream about. The story about Prigozhin is definitely one of them.

Everyone worried about escalating things or upsetting Putin should just take a look at this...The dude marched on Moscow, performed a mutiny against Russia, killed multiple pilots and attacked Russian soil and what did Putin do?

Gave him a free holiday to Belarus, allowed Wagner to remain intact but also allowed them to leave the meat grind in Ukraine behind, allowed them to continue their exploits in Africa which makes them self sufficient and not needing Russias money, and now the dude is taking trips to Africa!

Putin is utterly spineless when it comes to facing someone who can actually bite back.

Something else I've wondered.

Who are these African countries more loyal to, Putin (Russia) or Prigozhin (Wagner).

By all accounts, Russia has let them down, failed to meet multiple obligations.

On the other hand, Wagner largely achieves its purpose in Africa...

Fucking...

Lmao...

TikTok Brigade...