By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Commanding General of Russia's Southern Defence bitching about Gerasimov has resigned (or was removed).

Now Russians believe the MoD leaked his location to the Ukrainians to kill him because he was threatening Gerasimov.

He wasn't killed but his Deputy General was.

Now the Southern Military District has lost its top two Commanders and others in the 58th believe there's a conspiracy to kill their Commander who was trying to fix the situation.

Meanwhile Surovikin is still missing.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 July 2023

Around the Network
Zkuq said:

Does anyone have any idea about what kind of vehicles the plan is going to be manufacturing exactly? I know Rheinmetall from Leopard tanks, but do we have any actual knowledge yet? Anyway, great news (just like the situation with Sweden)!

crissindahouse said:
Zkuq said:

Does anyone have any idea about what kind of vehicles the plan is going to be manufacturing exactly? I know Rheinmetall from Leopard tanks, but do we have any actual knowledge yet? Anyway, great news (just like the situation with Sweden)!

Panther KF51 was the plan. Not sure if it's possible, though. 

Not sure Rheinmetall would be allowed to produce their newest vehicles (as in Panther KF51, GTK Boxer and Puma, though some Boxer variants may be possible) in Ukraine anytime soon.

However, a good contestant would be the TPz Fuchs or it's upgraded variant Fuchs 2 APC. Another option, though more unlikely, would be the Lynx KF41, a heavy IPC. However, since it doesn't look like it's getting picked up by the German Army and is loaded with much less sensitive technology than the Panther, it might be an option. The Wiesel 2 in it's light air defence variant could also be an option, though a bit unlikely as it's rockets are man-portable.

Finally, there are some military trucks and other logistics vehicles, which would be helpful to avoid the problems Russia had throughout their campaign.

🚀 Ukraine will receive over €1.5 billion in military aid from its international partners.

✳️ Long-range SCALP missiles, Leopard tanks, additional Patriots, F-16 pilot training are just some of the things that can be announced publicly.

We can mention at least seven packages of military aid:

Germany: new €700 million aid package includes 25 Leopard 1A5 tanks, 40 Marder 1A3 IFVs, 2 Patriot air defense systems, 5 Bergepanzer 2 SAMs, 20,000 155-mm artillery shells, 5,000 smoke shells;

Australia: new defense package includes 30 Bushmaster APCs;

Norway: 1,000 Black Hornet micro-drones, NASAMS support package (2 additional fire control centers, two launchers and spare parts); Norway also increased the size of the military aid budget to Ukraine from $240 to $930 million; there are agreements on strengthening air defense and artillery capabilities;

United Kingdom: more than 70 combat vehicles, thousands of ammunition for tanks, a $64.7 million package of military aid for the repair of equipment;

France: SCALP missiles and additional engineering equipment for demining;

the Netherlands: agreement to start pilot training in August, contribution to strengthening Ukrainian air defense and artillery capabilities;

Canada: $410 million in new funding and projects to support Ukraine and strengthen transatlantic security; reinforcement of the Ukrainian Armed Forces with armored vehicles.

Meetings in Vilnius were very productive 💪

Stay tuned.

Russia Detained Several Senior Military Officers in Wake of Wagner Mutiny - WSJ

Russia's Punishment: Embarrassing Photos.

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 July 2023

According to The Washington Post, some Western officials privately express concern about how Russian dictator Vladimir Putin will react if Ukrainian forces ever enter Crimea.

"As soon as I have the means, I'll do something," said Zaluzhnyi.

"I don't give a damn — nobody will stop me."

The Commander-in-Chief is also prepared to strike into Russian territory using Ukrainian weapons, as the West keep insisting that military equipment it provides must not be used to attack Russia proper.

"This is our problem, and it is up to us to decide how to kill this enemy," he said.

Zaluzhnyi Won’t Be Deterred From Liberating Crimea – Interview / The New Voice of Ukraine

Taiwan's Retired Hawk SAMs Headed To Ukraine: Report | The Drive

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 16 July 2023