By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

In an address to Ukraine's parliament that received several standing ovations, Sánchez said, "We'll be with you as long as it takes."

"I am here to express the firm determination of the European (Union) and Europe against the illegal and unjustified Russian aggression to Ukraine," he said on the day that Spain took over the six-month rotating presidency of the 27-nation EU.

Referring to possible peace talks, the Spanish leader said that "only Ukraine can set the terms and times for peace negotiations. Other countries and regions are proposing peace plans. Their involvement is much appreciated, but, at the same time, we can't accept them entirely.

"This is a war of aggression, with an aggressor and a victim. They cannot be treated equally and ignoring the rules should in no way be rewarded. That is why that is why we support President Zelensky's peace formula," Sánchez added.

Spain Highlights European Support for Kyiv | AP News

Putin Claim That Russia Funds Wagner Group May Make It Easier To Try Him For War Crimes | Vladimir Putin | The Guardian

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Elon Musk: “I am the Messiah of Free* Speech! Twitter is the public** square!”

* By “Free” we mean annual fee of 59.99 to be paid to Elon Musk.
** By “Public” we mean by paying this all new membership fee to our private organization.

That was a typo of Musk, he meant "fee speech" and "Pubic square".

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 01 July 2023

Been thinking about stepping down from Mod lately (for months Tbh, Lol). But I'm really concerned about what would happen to this thread if I did, mainly the concern that Russian supporting idiots would take the opportunity to rush in and shit the thread up. I have no intentions of stopping updates to this thread and supporting Ukraine to the very end but for various reasons I'm down on the Mod role for, honestly, the past year or so, Lol. This thread and another are the only reasons I'm holding onto it at this stage.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 July 2023

Counterattack | The 47th Brigade "Magura" Breaks Through the Defense of the Russians in the South - YouTube

47th brigade "Magura" breaks through the defense of the russians in the south. This video concentrates the events of two days of the assault. Two companies of russians fled from their positions. Since I am at war, the videos will not be frequent. You can support our unit with a penny using the details below.

These videos are so damn raw and insightful into the realities of actual war, it's fully subtitled (Eng) and it's 43 minutes long.

There's an interrogation of an injured Russian, it's only a verbal interrogation, he has a broken leg but you can't see it so there's no gore, they give him medical aid, water but tell him they can't carry him because it's an 8 hour walk, I don't know what happened to him but he leaves him with other Ukrainian soldiers.

Shortly after he appears to evacuate a Ukrainian trench position from artillery fire, does a brilliant job at commanding them and convincing them to run, they say they're afraid but ready and have to retreat under bullet fire, I don't know what happened to them because the text transition image isn't subtitled.

There's a little bit of trench life, they take over a Russian trench, there's a few dead Russians but again it's not gory but they speak about having to sleep on top of dead Russians throughout the night...

Looks like they're infantry only to sneak behind Russian lines. Guy teaches another Ukrainian how to properly hold his rifle.

This part made me laugh after all the tension though: "I understand there was also someone who...From the Caucasus, they call themselves Akhmat Sila (power). It is not clear why, because Akhmat is just tea" Lol.

Nice to see them laughing and joking at the end.

Around the Network

The catering contract is interesting, mainly because have they got anyone lined up that is ready for seamless transition?

If not, have they been instructed to eat Ukrainian citizens (or perhaps their dead soldiers) to keep them from not starving?

Ryuu96 said:

Been thinking about stepping down from Mod lately (for months Tbh, Lol). But I'm really concerned about what would happen to this thread if I did, mainly the concern that Russian supporting idiots would take the opportunity to rush in and shit the thread up. I have no intentions of stopping updates to this thread and supporting Ukraine to the very end but for various reasons I'm down on the Mod role for, honestly, the past year or so, Lol. This thread and another are the only reasons I'm holding onto it at this stage.

I can relate, there are things I do online where I wish I could step away from for a while but everytime I try shit hits the fan, so I would need to get to a point where I walk away completely from that life but hard to do when you have a strong passion for something.

Ryuu96 said:

Even though I don't post every day, I honestly check this thread almost daily for updates. Really appreciate your work on it.

Really have no idea what impact you not being a Mod for this thread would be but do whatever is best for your mental health to continue posting. That's my 2 cents.

My Real Redneck friends

PDF said:
Ryuu96 said:

Even though I don't post every day, I honestly check this thread almost daily for updates. Really appreciate your work on it.

Really have no idea what impact you not being a Mod for this thread would be but do whatever is best for your mental health to continue posting. That's my 2 cents.

I second this.

Reading it every day, but you have to do what you must do. If it gets too much better take a break than a nervous breakdown.