By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Around the Network

Around the Network

Some Russian channels are spreading info about the alleged intention of the Russian MoD to detain Wagner's Prigozhin.

Channel Goryachie Tochki posts a screenshot of the "conversation" between two soldiers from Rostov. By their words, the command is preparing for a force move to arrest Wagnerites for their refusal to sign contracts with the MoD - a requirement that needs to be fulfilled before 1 July to "legalise" the PMC. The channel suggests those who resist the arrest will be shot.

In this regard, Prigozhin's emotional interview from today could be a way for him to deal the most damage.

However, aside from this information from several channels, there's currently no indication that any raid against Wagner is actually going to take place.

I posted earlier today a quote from Chekhov - "If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following one it should be fired."

It seems it did fire - Prigozhin claims that locations of Wagner mercenaries were hit by a missile strike - from the rear, "performed by the military of Russian defense ministry."

Prigozhin confirmed the strikes in an audiomessage and said the number of casualties was "huge."

How many acts are in that play?

📹: footage from one of the camps, reposted by Prigozhin's channel

Prigozhin claims that "Russian MoD carried out a missile strike at Wagner rear camps".

Evgeniy Prigozhin published an audio message claiming that a "huge number of Wagner fighters have died" in the "missile strike" and that the "next step belongs to Wagner".

Shortly before Prigozhin's claim, a video emerged on a Russian channel "Razgruzka Vagnera" where two Russian-speaking men can be seen roaming an area of the alleged "missile strike", panicked. This is the video Prigozhin references in his audio message.

If this story is completely made up, it's being executed very poorly. The video is not very convincing that it's real and not staged.

Terrorist Girkin-Strelkov put in his two cents about "Prigozhin vs Russian MoD". He thinks Russia is "on the verge of an attempted military coup."

His Telegram post is translated below:

"I can’t comment on Prigozhin’s statement that the Wagner PMC camps were hit by rocket attacks by the RF Armed Forces. I also can’t comment on the attached video recording in any way - you can’t understand anything from it. But I state that the country is on the verge of an attempted military coup. Who initiates it is not yet clear. It is possible that both warring factions of the "party of power" are striving for it, with the neutrality of the third (the FSB and the Security Council)."