By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

"They tied my hands to my ankles," she begins, demonstrating by bending forward, before she describes being hit around the head with a full plastic bottle. Strangulation was regular – "one guy holding your neck, another pinching your nose" – while they demanded unsuccessfully that she reveal her husband's location or inform on others with military connections in the town.

A wire flex was wrapped around her neck, a gun was placed against her forehead – "Imagine the condition I was in," she says, speaking quickly – and she says she was also given electric shocks.

Yahupova says the violence was the work of a team of five or six FSB officers – "One by one, they would do these things. They enjoyed this" – and recounts being in a state of shock and pain. "I wouldn't even have time to yell … there was no time to think … often, I was just looking. It was so shocking," she continues.

The Guardian

Around the Network

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 June 2023

Ryuu96 said:

I like their argument that Ukraine was heavily militarized before their attack last year. Ukraine spent below $6 billion per year for their military before 2022. As much as Switzerland and a bit more than Portugal. And that with Russia as neighbour and with what happened 2014.

Owning hundreds of old Soviet tanks doesn't make you heavily militarized. They weren't meant to take over world lol

You all saw how the visit of the delegation of African leaders and representatives went - a visit to 🇺🇦, and then a visit to the 🇷🇺 terrorist state.

The delegation had the opportunity to see who is really interested in peace and who himself embodies war, it was very clear. Everything that was discussed in 🇺🇦 was about the #PeaceFormula. Point by point. The whole content. Everything that was said in 🇷🇺 was about war, about how to continue destroying lives.

It is obvious that there is no alternative to the 🇺🇦 Peace Formula. It is good that the world hears and sees this more and more.

Around the Network

Holy shit even from that distance I wouldn't be surprised if some Ukrainian soldiers had some serious injuries after that. No wonder there are trenches like everywhere now. 

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 19 June 2023

crissindahouse said:

Holy shit even from that distance I wouldn't be surprised if some Ukrainian soldiers had some serious injuries after that. No wonder there are trenches like everywhere now. 

The "2nd strongest military" in the world resorting to using terrorist tactics, filling their tanks with TNT and sending them off in a straight line across mine-riddled fields, artillery and drones with no protection, really shows how desperate Russia has become. Now this one may be a success because it got a bit too close and I think some Ukrainians probably died in that but I'm pretty sure tactics like this will fail the majority of the time.

Russia's forces are suffering a shortage of tanks, the country's defence minister has admitted, as Ukraine's offensive in the south and east continued to push back the frontline with the help of western hardware.

Sergei Shoigu, on a visit to a military factory in western Siberia, said that production of armoured vehicles needed to be increased as Kyiv talked up the heavy losses being inflicted on the occupying enemy.

Russian forces face shortage of tanks as counteroffensive creeps forward | Ukraine | The Guardian

Pleasant changes at night on the "Deep State" map.

In the South, Ukrainian units advanced and gained a foothold in the area of the village of Pyatikhatka, Zaporizhzhia region.

128th Mountain Assault Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine 

Bakhmut direction.

The "Deep State" map shows that in the area of the settlement of Klishchiivka, our units knocked out mortars, gained a foothold and slightly improved their positions