By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Steam Deck Launching February 25th

Gonna have to try and not miss that email. Hopefully they will implement a pop up or something on Steam Client when it's my turn in case I forget or miss the email.

Pretty excited for my 512GB model. Playing God of War on it will make it feel like a PSP2. Let alone all the bouncy games...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Hello, the day is almost here! On February 25th, we will be sending out the first batch of order emails to reservation holders. Customers will have 3 days (72 hours) from receipt of their order email to make their purchase, before their reservation is released to the next person in the queue. The first units will be on their way to customers starting the 28th, and we plan to release new order email batches on a weekly cadence.

Only 3 days response time before losing the reservation (and a weekend between 25th and 28th) is a joke... should be at least a week or two weeks.

I'll make it, but some reservation holders will be on vacation or will have problems to make a money transfer on time. Not everybody has credit cards or PayPal.

Last edited by Conina - on 26 January 2022

Good time to release it with the Switch getting up there in age and the PS5/Xbox Series X hard to find. Interested to see once the die hard gamers buy it if it has any lasting sales appeal to the non hard core gamer 2 years down the road. As a non pc gamer or steam player I remember having interest in the alienware steam machines when they came out but never bit and they seemed to go away pretty quickly. Maybe the steamdeck will be what gets me into the steam ecosystem, but we shall see what happens over the next year or two with reviews and if people are happy with it. I do enjoy the Switch and Steam does have some games I can't get on the current systems like Chrono Trigger and Tales of Symphonia.

Will be interesting to see how this fares and for how long it'll be produced.

Got €200 into my Steam wallet today for €180 (bought four €50 gift cards).

So my Steam Deck will cost €20 less (so far). I hope I'll get some other good Steam gift card deals until next month.

Around the Network

Tonight many more games have been added, now almost 400 games are "verified" and 720 games are "verified" or "playable".

More than 220 games of my own Steam library are marked as compatible so far.

Most of my unsupported games are VR games... which I don't want to play on the go.

Are you guys planning to track Steam Deck sales too?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/t72b2s/every_monday_this_month/

I hope I can order it on Monday.